[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on leaders vs managers is being a leader really better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1490042681132.jpg (271KB, 916x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1490042681132.jpg
271KB, 916x1280px
Redpill me on leaders vs managers

is being a leader really better than being a manager or is that just a meme from the LIDF?
>>
>>1889399

>redpill, leader better than manager?, LIDF

Get the fuck off /pol/ for a while it's turning your brain to sludge.
>>
>>1889409
I haven't been on /pol/ in months
>>
>>1889410

Then what are you actually asking? Your two sentences in OP make no sense.

Leaders and managers aren't mutually exclusive. A leader is a person that inspires and motivates, a manager is a person that ensures tasks are completed.
>>
>>1889420
I've been reading a lot of business journals and I keep coming across articles on managers vs leaders and yes they do make it seem mutually exclusive to a point

So I wanted to get the lowdown on this situation
>>
>>1889399
The leader has to stay somewhat aloof, shoulder the overall responsibility and be willing to consistently make hard decisions. The manager gets his hands dirty alongside the team and knows how to get the leader's ideas done at a micro scale.

I think a lot of shit managers get a big ego and spend their energy acting like they are navigating the ship when they should be steering the wheel
>>
>>1889425
Ok, let's break this down-
A leader leads people. This is an integral part of a manager's job. Managers are generally leaders. Leaders aren't always managers.

why not? What's the difference?

A manager also manages money, supply flows, marketing, expenses, profits, property, scheduling, taxes, payroll, ratios of various profits vs expenses, and hits financial targets for the business using strategies they generally get to choose. None of which has anything directly to do with leading people.

So if your job is to motivate and coordinate a team of people to accomplish a task, you're a leader. If your job ALSO includes the logistics and bureaucracy of running a business you are a manager.
>>
>>1889587
tl;dr: A leader fills a social function. A manager uses applied science and strategy.
>>
>>1889399

Why don't you read some basic books on the topic of leadership or management? Because you seem confused by those articles.
>>
>>1889425
>they do make it seem mutually exclusive to a point
In practice it's extremely rare to find someone that's great at BOTH leading people and managing a company.

This is why so many CEO's seem like psychopaths, and indeed many great managers are a bit autistic.

People tend to excel at one or the other- inspiring people to work together, or strategizing how to succeed in business. Partly this is a matter of different talents, but it's also a result of different interests. People that are great at making money tend to care less about the human aspect, and vice-versa. In part because what your employees want is rarely what's best for the company. And managers are there to make sure the company profits even if it means asking employees to do things they flat out won't like.
>>
>>1889601
Why don't you just not post if you're going to be worthless?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.