[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW trying to learn programming but quickly realize that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: CQr3rhkUYAAcz_0.jpg (18KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
CQr3rhkUYAAcz_0.jpg
18KB, 480x478px
>TFW trying to learn programming but quickly realize that all the good ideas are already taken and there's no way to make money with this shit anymore because there's billions of people on earth but not that many ideas
>>
Feels
>>
>>1885160
The flip-side, anon, is that someone has programmed almost exactly what you need to do almost anything. You only need to learn intermediate copypasta to be a successful programmer.
>>
>>1885178
This

I am making an app that needs a QR scanning function. I googled QR scanner code examples and I had an entire app at my fingertips
>>
>>1885178
>>1885188
yeah obviously. but the point is how do i make things that are useful
>>
>>1885191
Mass produced products have been around for way longer than apps and there's new shit coming out all the time that's makes millions of dollars.

Watch some shark tank and see that the idea doesn't need to be amazing to be successful. More important is the marketing and business sense. A god damn smiley face sponge is making millions as we speak
>>
>>1885160
They arent all taken and even if they are just make your programs better than the rest
>>
>>1885199
tru but like how do i become that guy that finds niches and then fills them?
>>
>>1885191
It doesn't have to be completely original to be useful. It doesn't even have to have more functionality than what already exists to be popular. It just has to do what it intends to very well and be easy to use. Copy someone else's design and simplify it: you've created something useful for someone who doesn't need all the crap you threw out.
>>
>>1885226
True.

Should I make some sort of android app for financial news or something
>>
You're never going to think of an original idea. What really matters is how you execute the idea. Facebook had the same idea as MySpace, but they ended up becoming more successful than MySpace because they were better at executing their idea.
>>
Yup, no way to make money, give up.
>>
>>1885160
Being the first to do anything isn't going to make you millions anon. Just look at fucking candy crush. Motherfuckers just knew how to make that shit appealing to people.

>don't be the first person to do something
>be the one that does it best
>>
>>1885160

At least programming can get you a steady job.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.