[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is BayCoin pegged to a fiat currency? If not, what's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1489069017060.jpg (87KB, 888x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489069017060.jpg
87KB, 888x960px
Is BayCoin pegged to a fiat currency?

If not, what's the point of "staking" with BitBay for interest if the price could fluctuate ridiculously like other cryptocoins?

Also, does anyone know POSW staking is worth it?
>>
>>1879154
it's got some rollin' pegging thing going on - why don't you read what's on the website baka?
>>
>>1879154
>Is BayCoin pegged to a fiat currency?

No

>If not, what's the point of "staking" with BitBay
for interest if the price could fluctuate ridiculously like other cryptocoins?

That's a chance you take. looks like recently the price is fluctuating upwards

>Also, does anyone know POSW staking is worth it?

I assume you mean POS, It is worth it if you want to get more currency.
>>
>>1879154
http://bitbay.market/walloffeatures/
>>
>>1879170
since i feel generous today here's the link
http://bitbay.market/about/pegging/
>>
>>1879171
I see, but in all these cases with guarenteed interest (including lending on Polyniex), you're still completely subject to the volatility of the crypto-coin you obtain interest in, right?

So it's still a huge risk, as with all crypto because of the volatility right?

So still not a good place to park my emergency fund or anything, right?

>>1879177
>>1879176
No, guys, I understand what pegging is. I've read both of those links. But right now BayCoin is not pegged to anything and the features they promise to increase stability and implement volatility haven't happened yet at all, so it's pretty useless at the moment.
>>
>>1879171
>>1879177
>>1879176
In short what I'm saying is this.

At a bank, I could get 1% interest annually on my USD easily.

BitBay is offering 1% annual interest for staking, but taking into account the volatility of a coin like Bay, that's almost nothing at all, right?
>>
>>1879188
>>1879193
Bump. I just want to make sure i understand this right.
>>
Could you just fuck off
>>
>>1879364
Just need an answer.
>>
>>1879193
yeah but volatility is mostly the price increasing so it's only beneficial to you.
>>
Nearly every crypto is HIGHLY volatile. Meaning it is unstable and can fluctuate massively. it is NOT a safe investment it is NOT a wise investment. if done correctly you can make alot fo money, you have to know what you are doing. if you dont know what volatility is, then you shouldnt be investing in anything yourself until you learn.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.