[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it take to make money off a website? I've come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1431703737184.jpg (49KB, 720x540px)
1431703737184.jpg
49KB, 720x540px
What does it take to make money off a website?
I've come up with an idea (without giving it away of course), to create a simple website with useful information on a certain topic, perhaps useful links and that sort of thing. No more than a few pages. Not intending to earn a significant income off this, just a big of extra cash.
I'm imagining that would be easy to make and I can enlist the help of my friend. I understand however there's server costs or what have you. I've put up a website so I'm not sure how to do that or what exactly is involved. I'm thinking I'd make money off it with google ads or something like that. Is something like this feasible?
>>
Thanks to you, i just had an idea about a website i could make myself.
But anyway,
It's hard to say and depends on the website itself and the kind of ads and the amount of traffic you're getting.
I think the biggest difficulty is getting high traffic, because there's already billions of websites out there, so why would they use yours?
There are even websites that are extremely popular, but don't earn a profit, because the costs for infrastructure are too high (youtube) or no company is willing to advertise on it (4chan) or because they just don't want any ads (wikipedia).
>>
>>1877484
You're welcome my man
Fair enough. My idea is on a topic that's attached to a lot of marketing. I feel like I've got a niche although I've not really researched it, but yeah generating traffic would be the hardest part no doubt. That been said I'd be satisfied if I could earn more than my running costs.
>>
you will probably make 1$ for every 100 people that visit your website. now imagine the traffic you'd need
>>
>>1877533
My friend tells me it costs $100-150 a year to run a website. In that case you could break even with 10000 visits a year, which doesn't seem that unreasonable.
>>
>>1877548
forgot to say that this counts for the google ads, you could make more money with eg. amazon affiliates
>>
>>1877548
It costs less than that to run a website.
>t. Currently own half a dozen websites and actively using 1 at a rate of about $20 a year
>>
>>1877593
How do you keep the costs so low?
>>
>>1877424
>I've come up with an idea (without giving it away of course)

Your idea is probably worthless.

> I understand however there's server costs or what have you.

If you look around you can find beginner shared hosting for under $25 a year.

>I'm thinking I'd make money off it with google ads or something like that.

You don't make money without traffic. You have no plan for getting traffic because you don't know what you're doing.

You have much to learn before you can make money online.
>>
>>1877638

Find a decent web host and then google search "web host name" plus "discount" or "coupon code". A lot of web hosts have coupon codes that give you discounts if you are buying hosting from them for the first time.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.