[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If humanity keeps progressing without any nuclear war or natural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pain--gain.jpg (93KB, 476x300px) Image search: [Google]
pain--gain.jpg
93KB, 476x300px
If humanity keeps progressing without any nuclear war or natural disasters, and things just keep getting more technologically advanced but consumer driven, what will the end result be? Some desolate high-tech ships going to a far-off planet to start all over when the sun burns out?

Just to do it all again?
>>
>>1877246
You won't get a real answer to that question mate, simply because nobody knows.
>>
>>1877429
This.

OP is asking for ultra long term forecasting, which is asking to ID and shoot through a whole flock of black swans.
>>
>>1877246
I say we have about 150 years, tops, before the Earth is completely uninhabitable. Compound interest is a powerful thing - and that's what our population is doing.
>>
>>1877246

Wall-E in real life
>>
>>1877246
There will be a second renaissance, that will be sparked through the similar way as the first... mass mortality through the black death.
>>
Pain and Gain was criminally underrated.
>>
Waifu bots will be become reality then the world's population will crash and we'll go extinct
>>
>>1877246
>without any nuclear war or natural disasters

Kek. Some fantasy world you live in.
>>
>>1877246
We wont ever leave this planet. The only way off is to wormhole and we can't do that yet and tbqh that technology isn't even on the horizon.

We will most likely keep advancing until we run out of room and die off. This is why theres such a big push to put a colony on mars. But we will find no sanctuary on mars either. Mars is a dead lifeless rock and will stay that way forever.
>>
>>1877246
Probably. Tho nasa is working on faster than light travel.

Everyone wants to vacation to mars.

I just wanna time travel 1 year and hug my best friend 1 last time.
>>
Once we can make space habitats , we don't need to leave this solar system for millions of years. The asteroids have enough material to support a population orders of magnitude greater than it is right now.

It's impossible to know where we could go from there if our technology and knowledge of reality continues to grow. We could escape to another solar system but maybe we'll find a whole other dimension or state of being outside of our universe to explore.
>>
>>1877528
>I say we have about 150 years, tops, before the Earth is completely uninhabitable.

Humanity has only mined 0.0001% of the earth's resources and we're only decades away from space travel

Relax
>>
>>1879406
Sick sources man.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.