[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can get stock options through my job at fed ex. Should I i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
I can get stock options through my job at fed ex. Should I invest in it and how would the soon to be shift of self driving trucks affect my stock?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/17/self-driving-trucks-impact-on-drivers-jobs-us
>>
>>1877167
RSU or ESPP? Or are they just giving you 401k in their own stock?

For the first two, yes absolutely. For the 401k, only if you get it at a discount. In all cases sell it immediately and diversify into an index.
>>
>>1877178

ESPP. Are you factoring in the self driving trucks in ten years or so? How do you think that will effect the market and fed ex? I don't know thing one about stock
>>
>>1877192
ESPP is an agreement to purchase stock at the end of a 6 month period (I think with pretax salary). You designate 1-10% of your salary (do 10%) and agree to purchase stock at the end of a 6 month period. The price you are given is 15% off of the lowest price in that period. Worst case scenario, the lowest price is the current price (at the end of the 6 months) and you get a 15% discount on the stock.

In that worst case scenario it is like getting a 1.5% raise. You sell this shit immediately (when you get it at the end of each 6 months) and take your money. If you need the money, put it in your bank account, if you can invest it, buy an index instead.

You buy an index (like the S&P 500) because it tracks the value of many stocks. If one crashes (like FedEX) it's not such a big deal because all the others are doing well. This is called diversification.

Read the terms of your ESPP agreement to make sure it lines up with what I said. I think it's pretty standard though. It's a great deal and free money. Just sell the stock immediately so you don't have to worry about their long term prospects.

If anything, self driving trucks should increase their profitability in the future. This would mean you would lose your job (unlikely any time soon because last mile delivery is tough, and you guys drive a lot more aggressively than self driving trucks can) but their profitability goes up since they aren't paying for humans but instead buying slave robots.

Take the free money. Get a 401k match too if they offer it. Save and invest like a mother fucker. Diversify. Buy and hold.
>>
>>1877211
>>1877211

Thanks mate
>>
>>1877211
for the most part....this
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.