[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Vanguard Total Stock Market Admiral Shares >Vanguard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1483742455584.jpg (154KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1483742455584.jpg
154KB, 1080x1349px
>Vanguard Total Stock Market Admiral Shares
>Vanguard Growth Index Admiral Shares
>Other?
Which would you choose for a Roth IRA with $11,100?

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0585
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0509
>>
>>1876814
VTIAX.

Also, depends what other accounts you have in your portfolio, what their holdings are, what your risk tolerance is, and what your time horizon is.
>>
>>1876828
>VTIAX
What makes you like that?

I have another $3500 in a Vanguard financials ETF (VFH) for my taxable account, I like risk, and I'm 25 so I won't retire until maybe 40 years from now.
>>
>>1876925
>>1876368

My philosophy is that you can pick and choose stocks or sectors or markets, but unless something jumps out, the marginal extra return isn't worth as much as earning & saving more: >>1876549
>>
>>1876814
Invest individually in the stocks of the fund. Whether its a PIMCO, Vanguard, etc. the fund is designed for the fund managers to make money, the lower level employees to make spiffs and commissions, and for you to get robbed silently. Anyone who falls for the fund jew's Bollinger bands. Real diversity is having two risky stocks and everything else safe as hell. Investment grade bonds and energy/waste stocks with dividends are where the OG money is.
>>
>>1876999
>the fund is designed for the fund managers to make money
They're index funds with expense ratios of something like 0.05 - 0.08%
>>
>>1876814
It is common to buy Total Stock Market as the majority of your domestic stock allocation and then add one or more funds on top of it to "tilt" the portfolio toward small/value, small/growth, or what have you. The amount of this tilt typically is about 25%. However, historical data show that small/value is better than small/growth just FYI. Also, consider putting 25-50% of your stocks into total international market, and you'll probably want a percentage in total bond market too (perhaps 20% if you are young or 60% if you are older or risk averse)
>>
>>1876999
>invest individually in the stocks of the fund

Vanguard Total Stock Market contains 3578 individual stocks lol. No thanks, I'll pay a tiny ER and have Vanguard do that for me.
>>
>>1877070
That's just what is disclosed in the summary you nib.

The real theft occurs in the share price. You would only see it if you read the 1,000 page fund details because lol.
>>
who cares about that shit? well never have legit cuties smiling at us like that

its ovver
>>
>>1877115
>The real theft occurs in the share price. You would only see it if you read the 1,000 page fund details because lol.

I've read the damn prospectus, and you're wrong. Index funds -- particularly Vanguard -- are the most sensible way to build a diversified stock portfolio.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.