[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont know shit about finances so I figured you guys could help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1485123572936.png (83KB, 224x149px) Image search: [Google]
1485123572936.png
83KB, 224x149px
I dont know shit about finances so I figured you guys could help me out. Basically I get about $200 every month from "Deposit Canada" and I'm not sure why or what this is for. I dont have a job and I dont get neetbux (basically yes I'm a leech) so I'm suspicious about this money. I've spent some of this money and I just realized that this money comes in as credit. Does anybody know what the rules of spending this money is? Do I have to pay this money back? I highly doubt I'm just getting free money. I wanted to ask here before I went to the bank because I'm a shut in loser. Thanks in advance
>>
>>1876504
http://www.financialwisdomforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113948
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/electronic-funds-transfer-deposit-canada-my-bank-account-1286520/

Those suggest the Canadian government is giving you a couple hundred every month. Any idea why?

Tax refund? Autismbux from a form you filled out, not knowing it'd be neetbux? Student loans?

You probably don't have to pay it back unless you're inadvertently committing tax or benefits fraud.
>>
>>1876515
No neetbux and I've never held down a job for more than a month so I've never filled out taxes.
If I dont pay this money back im facing a fraud charge?
>>
>>1876515
>>1876534
Also forgot to note that I haven't taken out any student loans. My guess is though that this is some sort of college fund that has been going on since my birth. But then why would this money be in my account and not my parents. I'm really paranoid bros
>>
>>1876534
>>1876550
Maybe you are 18, therefore getting money from that college fund that is yours?

Maybe Canadian poorfags get automatic tax refunds?

At least in the US (if you earn very little), you have taxes taken out of your paycheck automatically. Then at the beginning of the next year you calculate your tax burden, "deduct" like $6,000 during that calculation so you don't have to pay taxes on that income, then get a refund from the IRS in one big check.

So maybe your sporadic work never earned you enough to be worth taxing and Canada pays you that money back in installments.

In any case, I'd look into the Canadian IRS (http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html) and see what they say. Filing taxes is something you might as well get used to now.

Could also see if your deposit dates line up with any of their benefit dates.
>>
>>1876573
Sorry man but this is all jargon to me so I'm not sure how to respond.
But lets say that this IS a college fund and I spent about $500 since November, will i get into any legal trouble if I dont pay it back? When would I have to pay it back if thats the case?
I'm definitely going to my bank tomorrow since I'm so worried
>>
OP is gey
>>
>>1876594
please dont be rude im going through some shit right now
>>
>>1876589
1. Are you over 18?
2. Have your parents filed any taxes for you?
3. What else can you tell us about the college fund?

Bottom line is, no, you're probably fine and don't have to return the money. Because it's probably yours.
>>
>>1876609
>Im currently 18
>Im honestly not sure
>All I know is that I get the exact same amount every month
I checked out the link you gave me and I noticed that every date I received the money except one matched up with a "Canada Child benefit" (CCB). Are you familiar with this? Apparently this is non-taxable. Does this mean I can spend the money freely? Sorry if my questions are dumb
>>
>>1876597
Sorry, here is what I was trying to say:
relax
Are you high on sativa or something?
>>
>>1876629
I dont want to get my parents or myself into any financial or legal trouble because of some stupid mistake
>>
>>1876628
>Are you familiar with this?
Not at all, but searching the CRA site turns up this:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/ccb/menu-eng.html

Reading that, you should be all set. Check with your parents to confirm though, they might've filed their taxes and setup the benefit to be direct deposited to your account.

Oh and I'm pretty sure those payments will stop in June, so don't go buying a new car or anything.
>>
>>1876634
Babby
Even if you did
It would all turn out alright
>>
File: 1475461069025.gif (46KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1475461069025.gif
46KB, 225x225px
>>1876682
Yup I confirmed with my mom that it is indeed CCB payments that I'm going to use for school. Pretty relieved now and thanks for the help!
>>
>>1876700

np bro, enjoy your future of sucking cock for bus passes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.