[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think I've ever felt more depressed than when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: rich-catttttt-this-could-be-you.jpg (41KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
rich-catttttt-this-could-be-you.jpg
41KB, 500x472px
I don't think I've ever felt more depressed than when looking at the price histories of various stocks and currencies and imagining about how I could have been financially free if only I or my parents had taken the chance to ride those waves to the top. Life presents us with innumerable chances to become rich; the only problem is that we don't see them.

/biz/, I don't want to be a wageslave no more. How do I become able to see those chances? What is the "next big thing" that we can get a stake in right now? Is it gene editing technology?
>>
File: tumblr_nvjksd3Ev41ufnh57o1_1280.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvjksd3Ev41ufnh57o1_1280.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
>stake
>pivx
>>
>>1875132

What makes pivx so special? How do you know?
>>
>>1875125
>I don't think I've ever felt more depressed than when looking at the price histories of various stocks and currencies and imagining about how I could have been financially free if only I or my parents had taken the chance to ride those waves to the top.

Hindsight is always 20/20. You are a major fool if you evaluate past decisions in light of current knowledge. Only insanity lies this way!

Always evaluate past decisions in light of the information you had *at the time*. If you saw the increase coming and didn't act on it, you made a wrong decision and should be worried about it. But if you didn't see it coming or the risk outweight the potential gain, then you've made the right call staying away. It's much much more important to make sound decisions repeatedly rather then hopping on a meme and getting lucky once.
Consider that you are dealing with a hefty dose of survivor bias. You only look at the missed opportunities that really took off. What investments did you look at 10 years ago that would have turned into utter shit? Nobody talks about those, nobody even remembers those. But if you had blindly invested into them against your better judgement you'd have lost all your savings. Since you seem to enjoy bringing up the unprofitable decisions and being sad about those - why don't you bring up the profitable decisions you made as well and be happy about them? I'm almost positive you and your family have dodged more bullets in the last 10 years (remember, 2007 was pre-crisis?) than missed opportunities.

tl;dr: Gather information. Make sound decisions considering your risk profile. Do improve your information gathering and risk assessment skills. But as long as you've made the decision for the right reasons, you should never second-guess it just because you happened to be wrong. You couldn't have know and beating yourself up over it is silly.
>>
>>1875125
Your grandparents did invest a boat load in one of those stocks. It was Acme Rockets and.it went off the cliff with Wiley Coyote.
>>
It's MiloCoin OP
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.