[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a very well paying job but get pretty stir-crazy on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1475934245135.jpg (35KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475934245135.jpg
35KB, 540x540px
I have a very well paying job but get pretty stir-crazy on the weekends.

I try to keep myself occupied by reading or learning new skills, but that only helps so much.

I've been thinking about taking up some kind of part-time weekend work to busy myself. Has anyone done something like this?

Any ideas of some good weekend jobs?
>>
>>1873034
Just get a hobby niqqa. Don't pick up a second job.
>>
>>1873058
I already have that but I can't spend my entire weekends building gundam models... it sucks the fun out of it.
>>
>>1873081
Well I don't see how getting another job will help. Like what are you even gonna do, work at McDonalds? What company even hires people to work two days a week besides shit jobs?
>>
>>1873034
>I have a very well paying job but get pretty stir-crazy on the weekends.

By "stir crazy", I assume that you can't sit still and bored at home.

>I try to keep myself occupied by reading or learning new skills, but that only helps so much.

You have deep seated psychological problems that you have to solve.

You're trying to keep yourself busy with another job because of various psychological reasons.

I'll take a few guesses:

1. You're feeling lonely and you want to keep busy to keep the feeling away. You use work as a crutch.

2. You fear that you're not enough as a person. So you use "being productive" as a crutch; you think that by being productive, you're a better person.

3. You're socially conditioned by society to keep being busy; you cannot sit still and just be yourself, to stop and smell the roses, to spend time with family or friends (perhaps you lack friends or families; or you're trying to runaway from problems at home by taking on a second job even ought you have a high paying day job)

Instead of being low conscious and being unaware, start be being AWARE of why you're "stir crazy" on weekends.
>>
>>1873096
Thanks for the psych evaluation.

Did you just read the latest self help book of the month?

We all learn about self-introspection in psych-101, but thanks for bringing me back to high school.
>>
>>1873107
>Thanks for the psych evaluation. Did you just read the latest self help book of the month? We all learn about self-introspection in psych-101, but thanks for bringing me back to high school.

It's easy for your ego to quip back "hurrr durr, thank you for psych evaluation, very cool!"

The reality is, you have a high paying job, so why do you need to take a second job? Do you need the money? I'm assuming no - so why do you need to keep busy? Are you trying to run away from something?

Again, I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just trying to help.
>>
>>1873081
>I already have that but I can't spend my entire weekends building gundam models... it sucks the fun out of it.

How about spending the weekends on other areas of your life?

(I'm just assuming, not being condescending here)

1) exercising
2) finding a girlfriend
3) hanging out with friends
4) reading good books to become self actualized
>>
>OP abandons thread because the truth is too hard for him to handle.
>>
Take on a hobby that involves physical activity
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.