/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here tried to follow (even partially) the ERE lifestyle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mine.jpg (503KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
mine.jpg
503KB, 1000x668px
Has anyone here tried to follow (even partially) the ERE lifestyle / extreme frugalism?

If so, how long did you do it? What was the biggest challenge? How did you do?

I've been tracking my expenses more carefully and have cut some things out. But, it's diminishing returns after a certain point, so I may need to make more harsh changes in my lifestyle.
>>
*farts*
>>
Budgeting is not good. Spend on things you enjoy and cut back on everything that isn't a necessity and isn't too important to you.
>>
who /volentarilyhomeless/ here
>>
I'm interested in FIRE. Not extremely frugal. Wasting time making my own soap to save 10 cents would be retarded.

I make 125k a year. 89k post tax. My girlfriend makes 60k pre tax. We don't spend money on much. I have a house, about 180k net worth between investments and house equity. (Just had a minor panic attack, since I'm in the middle of rolling over my 401k I was 25k short in Mint.)

I'm more about increasing income than I am about cutting expenses. That being said I drive a 15 year old car, and dress in the cheapest shit I can find. My savings rate got a little boned since I had to pay for the last semester of grad school and am doing a kitchen and bathroom remodel in order to sell the house.

Planning to move to a state with no income tax. That'll save me a little less than 10k / year. If Trump's tax plan goes through, that'll be another nice chunk of change.

My FIRE goal is about 1m and a paid off house. We'll see where I'm at when I get close to that.
>>
I've known someone who started living this way in their 30's, they own a mom and pop store but when they go out steal bottles of hot sauce, steals knapkins, doesnt file his taxes, applies for food stamps and he had a steady income of like 40k from the store and now hes apprently buying art worth 300k at 54 years old. not to mention two properties in new york.
>>
>>1870397
>he wasn't rich until he was in his mid 50's
borrrrrring.
>>
>>1870389
>no state income tax
dont fall for that - in texas we dont have an income tax but i almost wish we did. they get you with property tax instead which they can raise behind closed doors without a vote and doi it often. texas has one of the highest amount of taxes in usa because of this
>>
>>1870397
>(((someone)))
>>
>>1870397
>doesnt file his taxes
That's not frugal that's just being a thief
>>
>>1870418
oh and he turns around and says trump is a monster and he should show his taxes. also voted for hillary it was top fucking KEK.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.