[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got an extra $5000 to invest. I was planning to just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1474002112650.jpg (181KB, 1600x688px) Image search: [Google]
1474002112650.jpg
181KB, 1600x688px
I've got an extra $5000 to invest.

I was planning to just randomly pick an ETF to invest into, but I thought I'd come here and see if anyone on /biz/ has some good advice to make the most out of this.
>>
>>1867019
put a grand into SGBY
put the rest in NMM
>>
>>1867033
Can you redpill me on investing into single stocks and not ETFs?
>>
>>1867019

Why ETF when you can ETH?
>>
>>1867019
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundIntExt=INT&FundId=0085
>>
>>1867040
you will have more volatility on a stock therfore you could make alot or you can make alot in a shorter amount of time. An ETF (not leveraged, or inverse) is more of a longer term investment that can cover a broad range of companies in a single sector, or country. Having multiple companies securities and different types of securities under one ticker supposedly makes it less volatile.
>>
>>1867077
Volatility doesn't increase your expected return, anon, just the variance.
>>
>>1867044
This. Crypto is the way to go.
>>
ETF's or EXCHANGE TRADED FUNDS, also pay out dividends.

if you have 5 grand, and zero trading or investing, trust me, those are two different concepts...

TAKE YOUR TIME.

took you a while to get that 5 grand

DON'T THROW IT AT ANYTHING.

my advice.

check out stocktwits..
then
watch every wallstreet movie ever made, several times.
realize theres alot of bullshit and fraud. from penny stocks to initial public offerings.. to crypto shit like.. i dunno that one super successful company.. where everyone got rich..

>Mt. Gox was a bitcoin exchange based in Tokyo, Japan. It was launched in July 2010, and by 2013 was handling 70% of all bitcoin transactions.[1] In February 2014, the Mt. Gox company suspended trading, closed its website and exchange service, and filed for a form of bankruptcy protection from creditors called minji saisei, or civil rehabilitation, to allow courts to seek a buyer.[2][3] In April 2014, the company began liquidation proceedings.[4] It announced that around 850,000 bitcoins belonging to customers and the company were missing and likely stolen, an amount valued at more than $450 million at the time.[5][6] Although 200,000 bitcoins have since been "found", the reason(s) for the disappearance—theft, fraud, mismanagement, or a combination of these—were initially unclear. New evidence presented in April 2015 by WizSec led them to conclude that "most or all of the missing bitcoins were stolen straight out of the MtGox hot wallet over time, beginning in late 2011."[7]

don't fall for bullshit. 5 grand is alot to throw away..
>>
>>1867019
Limit order of 317 shares of URA @ $15.75.
>>
ishares global timber & forestry

Random etf
>>
Fightmilk
>>
>>1867102
and therefore a higher maximum if the means are the same
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.