[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do deal with overally aggressive coworkers? I know we always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1489326417633.jpg (135KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489326417633.jpg
135KB, 640x800px
How do deal with overally aggressive coworkers?

I know we always discuss money but what about the inevitable shitty coworkers?

Currently dealing with a coworker who is about 20 years older than me and been in the industry a lot longer than me. Obviously, has a lot of practice being a dick. Always throws everyone under the bus to elevate himself. Upper management doesn't seem to pick up on it.

How do you deal with people like this? I won't be able to out maneuver him as he has more experience and isn't an idiot.
>>
>>1862903
Bump
>>
That's easy: you set them up and make sure that they never know it was you. Whether it's a massive case that you present to HR with documented incidents proving a pattern that escalates or a massive fuckup that would get somebody fired that he winds up taking credit for you fuck him up the ass.
>>
>>1862992
You're saying document cases where he purposely misdirected blame?

Honestly most of the stuff is minor and subtle. He's playing the long game. It probably won't work.

There aren't really any big fuck ups to capitalize on. He does make mistakes but it's human. Nothing to get fired over.
>>
>>1862992
I guess you're literally saying set him up with fake evidence. Sorry on my phone
>>
>>1862903
pick out his mistakes every time he picks on yours. dont defend your self youll look weak.
>>
>>1863082
I'm not sure I agree with this. Anyone who works closely with him knows his bullshit. If I start doing the same thing it'll be obvious what I'm doing and it won't reflect well on me.

Most of it is just deflected. You're right though, defending myself would look weak in this case.
>>
>>1863073
>>1863077

No, I'm saying sabotage the fucker so that his usual MO blows up in his face.

>>1863082
>>1863150

>Defending yourself looks weak
>Whataboutism doesn't

Fucking Christ /biz/.
>>
>>1862903
Dealt with this situation before.

> Be a new guy
> Notice an older co-worker is an asshole, called me "Dill-hole" as a nickname - real name Dillon
> Hasn't been promoted in years because everyone is aware that he's a hot head
> Higher ups started with him so they laugh it off
> Hear he was having a petty fight with his desk mate over a pen or some stupid shit
> Come in after work and smash the desk mates shit, computer, pictures of kids, spill coffee all over
> He comes in early the next day (lucky) and doesn't say anything about it
> Denies it when they ask
> No one can prove it was assholes but after that they were looking for an excuse to fire him
> All in my first week
>>
>>1863237
That's pretty extreme. That guy sounds like a fucking moron though.
>>
>>1863237
You became what you hate btw.
>>1862903
There's nothing you can do. Especially if he is friends with one important person. Either learn to cope or move to a new job. Serious. hR doesn't care, your boss will think you are a whiner. High school never fucking ends.
>>
>>1863385
Nope, I reject your comment.

He was a perpetual dick to everyone for no reason. I knew he wouldn't answer for his petty shit and that his comments were slowly eroding the peice or mind of everyone around him, so I got him fired.

Literally one of my top 5 proudest moments.
>>
>>1862992
>HR goes to stupid coworker
>"Anon said you did that and that? Is it true?"
>>
>>1862903
I'm not even joking anon:

>head over to /pol/
>study aussie posters
>get gud at bantz
>wreck that cunt next time he fucks with you.

But for real next time he messes with you just call him out right then and there, what the fuck is he gonna do? Fight you? Fucking grow a pair and shoot back at him, worst thing that happens is he acts like a bitch, gets you fired and then you have free reign to do whatever the hell you want to him since your job no longer hangs in the balance.

TL;DR: stand up for yourself, call him out on his bs, if you do it in front of people maybe they'll grow a spine too
>>
>>1863385
>high school never fucking ends

As a retailcuck working in a department with 90% women..fucking this man...fucking this. You just gotta be firm with people, you don't have to be rude, but you've got to be very fucking direct right off the bat.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.