[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought of a kickstarter device. I believe that I can get about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: CaptureAirJetShovelv21.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
CaptureAirJetShovelv21.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
I thought of a kickstarter device. I believe that I can get about 500 grand funding for this. Basically it is a snow blower but it emits heat instead of blowing. So when you're snowed in, you just go and it melts a foot of snow in like two seconds. You twist a dial and it increases the blast radius. You can pretty much clear your entire driveway and yard of snow within about two minutes of just walking and melting it.
>>
>>1860950
So just an industrial heatgun?
>>
Sounds good - you can call it "Instant Skating Rink" or "Concrete Driveway Destroyer"
>>
>>1860950
So this melted snow vanishes?

Or does it re-freeze as slippery, dangerous ice within seconds of you turning off the awesome new invention?
>>
>>1860950
Why do you want 500 grand for that shit. I can literally make it myself right now with no funding.

Make it a realistic goal to create the prototype and then put together a website to sell it later on. You probably need around 5k to 10k to make a professional looking prototype.

Either way as people have mentioned, your idea is retarded. People like you are delusional and that's what youtubers like iDubbz make profit on making fun of idiots like you.
>>
>>1861003
>>1860974
>>1860967
>Prefer shovelling for 2 hrs, rather than instant melting machine.

If this was a thing everyone would buy one. Everyone. You are talking to a future billionaire right now :)
>>
>>1860950
Depends. Can it warm chips?
>>
>>1860950
they employ this concept to clear railway lines in Russia, except they use the engines from MiG jets because how else will you get this much heat.

seems like you're asking your customers to get raped on their electricity bills
>>
>>1861073
yes, agreed. If it actually worked, it would be great.

It's a shame that frozen water is slippery and can seep into concrete, breaking it with the force of 100 sledgehammers.
>>
File: 1484489999204.jpg (7KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
1484489999204.jpg
7KB, 207x243px
>>1861073
>>
>>1860950
You would need something that actually sucks up the snow and then evaporates it, otherwise you are just creating ice fields
>>
File: 1390188861113.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1390188861113.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>1861085
>>
>>1860950
What does it cost to build?
How much electricity does it use per second?
How much heat does it emit, and have you done the calculations to figure out how much snow that will melt?
How do you stop the water from instantly refreezing and making your driveway more of a hazard?
>>
>>1860950
Why would anyone buy your device instead of a snowblower?

I doubt it could compete against a snowblower in price or in cost of operation.

It's a hopeless idea. For your own good, forget about it.
>>
>>1860950
So... a flamethrower?
>>
I remember they had a device like this in one of those futuristic Archie comics. Wouldn't work because melted snow = water = ice
>>
Go get a flamethrower and try to melt a pile of snow.
It's a better insulator than air, and look at how much energy it takes to warm up your car interior in the winter.
Blah blah napkin math but based on the specific heat of snow and such you're looking at a silly amount of fuel to melt a couple cubic feet of snow.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.