[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cattle farming a good buisness? I quite like the idea of owning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is cattle farming a good buisness? I quite like the idea of owning large plots of land and living out in the country. How feasible is it really to become millionaire?
>>
>>1858932
I've got an uncle living in rural MN with a cattle farm who makes bank. He worked at Purina then bought a ton of gold when he retired and took over the family farm. Really nice guy too
>>
File: 200.gif (1MB, 374x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1MB, 374x200px
>>1858957
that's fucking dank.
You got any advice?
>>
I know farmers in CA make a lot if they're successful but they basically work 24/7 and only care about farming.

Simpletons desu.
>>
Ranching will make you rich
>>
>>1858932
You dont have what it takes, pussy. You'll give up after a week.
>>
If you weren't born into a ranching family I think your best bet is to become a ranch hand for a few years minimum. Problem is, ranch hands don't make shit and it's very hard work.
>>
>>1859022
my mother's parents have a small ranch with cows I was thinking I might be able to work with them for a whIle to get some idea.
>>
>>1859015
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you puta pequeno? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Los Zetas, and I’ve been involved in numerous executions on the Sinaloas, and I have over 300 public beheadings. I am trained in chainsaw warfare and I’m the top decapitator in all of Juarez. You are nothing to me but just another head waiting to be severed. I will detatch it with a lack of precision and cutting force the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, gringo. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of mariachi bands across the USA and a narcocorrido is being written about you right now so you better prepare for the chainsaw, gordo. The chainsaw that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your head. You’re fucking dead, paco. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in exactly one way, and that’s with my brand new Husqvarna 440 chainsaw. Not only am I extensively trained in chainsaw combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the local hardware store and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable head off the face of the body, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over your head and your head will come off in it. You’re fucking dead, gringo.
>>
>>1858932
This shit is a lot of work and takes way more market knowledge than you have.
Working cattle is not a sit back n relax gig
9/10 pipe dream but 2/10 reality
Cow Calf operations are a fuck load of real work.
>>
>>1859078
Ok, yeah you don't have what it takes.
But please try and waste all investment you might have for the sake of humanity PLEASE!
>>
>>1859061
Yeah that would be a great idea. Spring calving can be rough. I would give you about a month tops before you moved on to something else.
>>
>>1858932
Starting off just straight into cattle is probably impossible. If you have a bit of yard space, or are able to buy small bits of land, why not chickens and vegetable gardening? Fertilizers and feed for chickens do need to be considered, but you'll be saving on food in terms of eggs, along with seasonal veges.
>>
>>1858932
You need HUGE stretches of land, you always have to worry about water rights, and you're basically a slave to the general market price. It's a lot of trouble for very little return.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.