[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't pick a major and I'm already going into my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1484809373307.jpg (70KB, 770x760px) Image search: [Google]
1484809373307.jpg
70KB, 770x760px
I can't pick a major and I'm already going into my sophomore year. I've done 1 year of business classes so far

please tell me how you figured out what you want to do. is this my ADHD holding me back?
>>
>>1852859
Major in whatever you enjoy, anon. It's not like your job is going to have much to do with it. Just make sure you can program and Excel monkey around.
>>
>>1852859
It's not ADHD

It's a lack of passion.
We weren't born this way.
Our parents' generation had very little information they could access. They never had all the facts.

They learned more than what school taught only about what they liked because they had to pursue the information.

We've been bombarded by information since we were 0.
The world is shouting at us from every direction and we let it.
We don't always outright acknowledge it since it is happening constantly.

This is also why our gen is so needy. When the constant yelling and bickering is quieted by adventing into the woods or even taking a day off from tech all together, we realize we aren't constantly being told we are needed or that our actions are necessary for something.

The happiest people alive are away and disconnected from the discombobulating whir of the world around us. They staked out their little territory and learned to make the most of it.

We have literally had our drive beaten to death by being yelled at to do everything.
>>
File: 1354923283372.gif (272KB, 330x248px) Image search: [Google]
1354923283372.gif
272KB, 330x248px
>>1852930
That's absolutely beautiful and you should start writing a book. God damn anon.
>>
File: just us league.jpg (51KB, 1105x273px) Image search: [Google]
just us league.jpg
51KB, 1105x273px
I'm in a similar predicament, anon.
I'm a freshman in my second semester, and I picked engineering because it pays well and I got pressured into doing it.
I'm decent at math compared to your average business/finance normie, but engineering-level mathematics are fucking killing me, and I have to take programming classes even though I have absolutely no experience with programming at all, so I'm having to catch up and teach myself at the same time as I'm learning advanced programming, which isn't going very well at all.
I'm completely fucking miserable, I have almost no free time and no matter how much I study it's just not getting better, and I know it's only going to get harder from here.
Needless to say, my GPA is falling like a rock, and I don't think I can do 4 years of this.
What's the best major besides engineering?
>>
>>1854048
I forgot to mention that I have ADHD as well.
I know your pain, anon.
>>
>>1852859
Kasparov sez: Don't let your pieces get so far apart that you can't cover them with one hand. Past that you're unfocused.

Think more about integrating your different interests goyim. I recommend Scott Adams' book 'how to fail at almost everything and still win big', it helps people who don't like just one thing.
>>
>>1854048
I got through engineering, but I feel ya, that first year was tough. Try and see if there's a free math help center at your Uni or look into getting a tutor, they're a pretty small investment compared to repeating a course.

It does get harder, but in my case at least there was a gap between where high school finished and Uni started. So first year actually required more work than all years but fourth for me.

As for second best, consider a trade. Way too many people graduate, can't find work, then do a second degree in engineering anyway. You might as well save your money if there's a possibility you'll go that route.
>>
>>1852930
This doesn't tell me how to pick a major faggola
>>
>>1854427
If you don't want to end as a 35 year old un(der)employed dreamer consider this advice: What you want doesn't matter. What matters is what you can sell.

This should shrink your options quite considerably.

Next step: Ideally you have strengths that are demand. How do you find out about your strengths? Strengths are things you can do more easily or with less effort than others. E.g. you aced an exam / job assignment while others had a hard time.

Chose a major which works nicely with your strengths or a major which leads to jobs that works your strengths.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.