[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm finishing my master in CS (artificial intelligence)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1489275613715.jpg (91KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
1489275613715.jpg
91KB, 640x932px
I'm finishing my master in CS (artificial intelligence) and thinking about moving from EU to settle down in some Asian country. Main reason is that being white in a country full of beta-male Asians gives me instant respect and it's like a life on easy level. I'm muscular (two gear cycles so far), 180cm, 15% bf, 25yo and want to max out my prospects.

Later, I also want to find a traditional Asian waifu and have hapa children there.

Singapore seems like the best choice for me, since I'm a CS major. There are lots of startups in AI and being white male with MSc from EU university puts me instantly into leadership position. Very low taxes is a huge benefit as well.

Does it seem like a good plan? Thoughts?
>>
What was your bachelor's degree like? I'm planning to study AI as well, and the uni that I'm looking at has a Cognitive Systems degree that is a cross of Philosophy/Linguistics/CompSci/Psychology with different streams that focus on one of the 4 concentrations. I want to do the CompSci concentration which is called Computational Intelligence and Design, but I think that the knowledge will be more theoretical than practical. I haven't thought about Master's yet, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. How are the job prospects? AI seems to be the future of everything so I doubt there will be any shortage of work for a long time. Also how are you planning on getting out of the EU? I'm in Canada and I'm trying to bounce from here as soon as I can.

Singapore is good imo, lots of different people there, not just Asians.
>>
>>1852604
>falling for the robotic jew
>>
>>1852604
so your a fat roider with a small dick with a useless meme degree and you can't compete in the EU so you're looking to escape to cheaper market.

I think you have a poor grasp of the fundamentals to wealth generation, asset development and skill maximisation. Which tells me you've learned nothing about efficiency, planning or analysis. And since that was mostly what the brunt of your undergraduate and masters was presumably about, this means you're probably not worth shit as a quality hire.

CV? Past Experience? Contributed to any code base? Can I see some of your work? AI specializing in what? Why aren't you sitting down with your advisor or a professor you trust and asking for their opinion?

these are all red flags that you're a sub 130 iq retard who is going to crash and burn his life.

You max your prospects by going to America, and working for a serious company with an established track record for delivering on time, quality product, and is profitable.
>>
File: 1486521248481.jpg (344KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486521248481.jpg
344KB, 1280x960px
>>1852604
Its a good plan if you want to wagecuck for the rest of your life.

Here is a better idea - stay in EU for 3-5 years working in an area you're interested in. Get some capital and connections, preferably to where in Asia you want to move in. Then, move to Asian and open a business, and hire locals, sell products back to your EU connections. As a bonus fuck all the pussy you can.
>>
>>1852722
My BSc is from software engineering. My program is actually called "Computational Intelligence" as well and has very little to do with philosophy or psychology. The core subjects are heavily oriented on logic and computation theory (FOL, ASP, DL, ontologies, reasoning, formal verification, ...). Practical courses I've took were mostly "hot topics for CV" like visual computing, machine learning, deep learning, heuristics, etc.

I'd say job prospects are quite good in all hi-tech countries. Since all employees are currently endangered by advancements in AI, I like to think about AI engineers as the grave-diggers who will eventually be buried last.

>>1852757
I have 5+ yr. experiences as a full-stack software developer. I'm programming since elementary school, I worked part-time as a data integration & warehousing engineer during my BSc, then took one gap year for internship before taking MSc.

The situation in US is currently not optimal with H1B visas. Also the taxes are very high.
>>
>>1852772
Setting my own business is actually the way I want to go. I currently have around 20k€ in savings, zero debt. Im doing networking and attending the startup meetups. But there are many meetups in Singapore, I think I could do networking there more efficiently as white men are respected minority in Asia.
>>
>>1852784
Also, you're focusing too much on the respected minority part. Nigga, I'm gonna be straight with you - all they want is your money. And thats okay, because what you want is their labor, so its a fair exchange. Approach things objectively, you won't be the only white dude around either.
>>
I'd take the job in Singapore. Low taxes, nice weather year around, and salaries are good.

Much higher standard of living than in europe or usa, except maybe switzerland, monaco or norway.
>>
>>1852819
Well, as they say, singapore is the Switzerland of Asia. There is no pollution really like in many other places in Asia.

There are quite many western expatriates in singapore, mainly in banking. English as it's the offical language
>>
>>1852777
What exactly is a full stack software developer?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.