[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /Biz/, I am about to graduate High school (already 18).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: jew.jpg (1MB, 2500x1407px) Image search: [Google]
jew.jpg
1MB, 2500x1407px
Alright /Biz/, I am about to graduate High school (already 18). What are some mistakes most people make after graduating that causes them problems down the line and how do I avoid it?
>>
losing virginity
>>
File: 1478042815395.jpg (180KB, 532x783px) Image search: [Google]
1478042815395.jpg
180KB, 532x783px
>>1849183
going to college right away and or going with no idea of what you want to do

>>1849186
don't know about this since I haven't lost mine
>>
rubmaps.com
>>
>>1849389
>going to college right away and or going with no idea of what you want to do
This. If you're really set on going to college right away, which I would recommend, but you don't know what you want to do, which I don't recommend, just take classes at CC for your general education credits and get them out of the way.
>>
Don't go to college unless you actually know what you want to do and it require a college education to pursue. Don't get credit cards or anything else that'll get you into debt. Get a job somewhere.
>>
>>1849183
buying loads of shit off amazon. dont do it.
>>
File: 00404_9OjzELK3deP_1200x900.jpg (211KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
00404_9OjzELK3deP_1200x900.jpg
211KB, 1200x900px
>>1849183
If you are looking to go into a technical field, get an AAS at a community college rather than getting a BS.
You will end up with at least 2-4 relevant certifications in your field, a diploma that is worth close to the same as a BS, be a significant bit more marketable, and will have paid tens of thousands less for school.
For example, I went to school for Network Administration for two years and got my AAS, CCNA, CCNP, A+, and redhat Linux admin certifications. Made 80k / year starting after 2 years and 6 thousand dollars worth of school, while my friend from High School went and got his BS and no certs, makes 55k doing IT work.
Also don't knock taking a year off to work if you are unsure of what you want to major in.
>>
>>1849679
What other technical fields are worth exploring?
>>
>>1849701
Anything with computers is easy money if you are good at it. You can learn a lot of the basics just browsing /g/ and buying some study materials.
Really stale meme, but I would just pursue your *passion*.
Its much better to be doing work you don't absolutely hate than work that sucks day in day out.
Also, if you are looking at just going to CC, make sure you get an AAS not an AS, unless you want to go back and get a BS as well. The AAS doesny include any gen-eds so you will get all your on topic classes and none of the fluff like English 101 and all that bull shit.
It's basically more focused on your area and is worth a lot more than an associate's.
And by the way AAS is Associate's in Applied Sciences, while AS is Associate's of Science.
But really if you can live at home for a year and you don't know what you want to do, just take a year to work and get a taste of making and saving money.
If you are sure of what you want though, go for it.
>>
weed. moderation.
>>
>>1849183
>>1849183

my biggest regret during undergrad was no doing internships

i graduated in 2009 during the market meltdown. the only people who came away with decent jobs were those that were serious about networking and finding internship opportunities

u have a TON of free time in undergrad. i u cant find 2-3 hours to study everyday you should kill yourself.
>>
>>1849401
Wrong. Get a joint credit card (for lower rates) but don't abuse it, you need to build up credit
>>
>>1849183
unprotected sex with hookers
unprotected sex with gf
unprotected sex with strangers

taking up drugs and being all about it
taking up crime
fighting people for no reason

not flossing
not exercising
not eating right

spending money on image instead of substance
skipping college or trade school
not buying a house, getting married, having kids, starting businesses, hustling while you still have energy to make waves
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.