[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /biz/. I'm writing a novel and I'd like to ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1480339520014.png (272KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480339520014.png
272KB, 1000x1000px
Hey, /biz/. I'm writing a novel and I'd like to ask your help so the economic aspect of such novel is detailed and realistic.

I'm going to be as straightfoward as I can.

There is a character. This man is precisely 30 years old. He is white, healthy, has a wife, young children, and, more importantly, an initial monetary sum of the equivalent of $100 000 dollars - nothing more, nothing less. The idea is that, when he is, precisely, 40 years old, he must be a billionaire for the story to work. Not "Donald Trump" billionaire, but just enough to be considered one. He would initially start with something simple like running a pub or store, and, by the age of 40, he must be a nationally appreciated celebrity who runs phone, software, car and cellphone companies.

So my first question is how can he get there, considering it's only a 10 years span?

Considering that when he was 30, the year was 2006, then maybe he could benefit from the crash? If yes, how could that be? If he does have to benefit from 2008, please make it so he's not leeching on other's peoples poverty, as the character is a hero.

My second question is how can a country get money.

By 2018, this character will be elected president of a third world country, and, within only two mandates, turn it into a first world power. So he will need shit tons of money to do the impossible: one tenth of taxes with ten times more government investments - all in superavit.

Where can all that money come from? I was thinking the IMF, the WB and the BIS would play vital parts in this. Consider that the character has a "power" to convince (read: brainwash) a max number of some 50 or 100 people into doing whatever he wants without other people (even the targets themselves) notiching it. So one possibility would be simply loans with 0% interest rates or donations by big banks, but that's too simple and I'd like something more "complex" and "believable".

Remember this is fiction, so some rules can be bent and others, broken.
>>
File: fam.png (156KB, 677x328px) Image search: [Google]
fam.png
156KB, 677x328px
Bitcoin
>>
>>1847151
He could franchise the bar or win the lotto. Or bittcoin git.

Country could strike oil or gold mine rand by gubment maybe. Dunno?
>>
bitcoin is perfect for this.
>>
his brand of totally automated gas station/convenience mart could become a multinational franchise

buy some small oil service firms in an effort at vertical integration, then some refineries, then exploration and production. world events cause the oil price to spike

he could then create a holding corp, like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation except FOR profit with his oil monies. Buy small Chinese cellphone upstarts and start a chain of incubators
>>
>>1848939
>>1849515
He starts accepting/accepts bitcoins at his bar or store or whatever when they were new and not worth much. Maybe throw a nice scene in where some poor chap just down on his luck/robbed or something needs to buy food. Offers ur hero a bitcoin as its all he has or some shit. Hero helps him out, starts accepting bitcoins. All of a sudden they spike and u got your billionaire
>>
>>1849555
Wow, this is actually great. Also gives the message that a good deed will favor you in the end/karma or whatever you call it.
>>
Ever seen Forest Gump OP?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.