[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a legitimate invention, but I don't have the money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 02f.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
I have a legitimate invention, but I don't have the money to apply for patents nor the funding to bring a product to market. Is there anything I can do right now that doesn't require me to spend loads of money? I suppose I could try to crowdfund it but without a patent I think the idea would get stolen by larger companies.
>>
Crowdfund money for a patent first.
>>
>>1846800
>I have a legitimate invention

Is it commercially viable? Patents aren't *that* expensive, so if you think you have a real money-maker on your hands you could always take out a loan to hire a patent attourney. World-wide protection is probably out of the question but, but a US or EU patent would probably clock in at only around 10k.

Are you part of a research facility like a university? They usually help you file for a cut.

Apart from that - no. Patents are the only way to protect a technical invention.

>nor the funding to bring a product to market
Working prototype may be enough for angel investors. Working alpha for VC. You don't need to see it through to the market to gain access to some serious money. You just need to show a proof of concept and a capable team.
>>
>>1846800
Patents are worthless if you don't have the money to fight infringement cases so don't bother about that when you're starting out. Look for a private investor who can get you off the ground and then move forward from there.
>>
>>1846800
>le ideas man
>>
>>1846800
Phone a big corporation and tell them that you are an ideas man and that you will give them as many ideas as they want for some money in return for the patent, make sure to only give the corporations your half assed ideas, and keep the big idea for yourself
>>
File: 1430176044969.jpg (4KB, 125x115px) Image search: [Google]
1430176044969.jpg
4KB, 125x115px
>>1846800
Faggot just get a fucking job anywhere, even mcdonalds if you have to until you get enough to register a patent - then crowdfund. Easy.
>>
Angel investor

Also tell us in what sector your 'invention' is in.

Don't worry too much about getting a bad deal, a bad start is better than not starting at all.

And remember:
"one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration"
>>
>>1847090
>private investor
THIS. It's the only way to get "inventions" off the ground.
>>
>>1846800
Everyone thinks their inventions are legitimate and the next hot thing but few are

Build a prototype and pitch it to angels
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.