[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/, I got a fucking problem. I manage e-commerce for a building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: tile-surplus.jpg (38KB, 337x337px) Image search: [Google]
tile-surplus.jpg
38KB, 337x337px
/biz/, I got a fucking problem. I manage e-commerce for a building supply company in the Midwest. My day-to-day is spent selling product on eBay and dealing with people who can't read the entire ad.

Anyways, I have about two hundred pallets of various types of tile I need to move. They are currently listed as pallet lots on eBay, craigslist, and other various auction and sale sites. Our salespeople also try to push them when possible. They get comparable traffic to my other, more regular listings but they just do not move. They're all in great/new condition, just palletized.

I'll go ahead and sell 240 tiles that are boxed up no problem. The same tile, loose on a pallet for cheaper than they are boxed will not sell. We do not require customers to take the pallet. We even offer delivery if a customer purchases more than one pallet. Our prices are the lowest in the area, I cannot drop prices anymore.

Any ideas to getting this shit to sell? I'm at a loss here and I'm pretty much limited to selling this shit online.
>>
Pluck a few Mexicans off the street and box those bitches up. The tiles, not the beaners. Cardboard is cheap and so are illegal immigrants. You can even mark the price up and pocket the difference - you probably underestimate the laziness of people coupled with the ease of something being boxed and bite sized. There's a reason people pay ultra premium for asinine shit like loot boxes and fruit baskets.
>>
>>1846645
Ask yourself: under what circumstances would one need an entire pallet of tile?

I assume it's all the same color. How many sq ft can it cover? Who are your targeted clients? General contractors?
>>
>>1846645

I realize you think you -have- to sell these online, but hear me out:

go find residential zones that are beginning/mid construction

locate and talk to the foreman and/or the tile guys themselves, if somehow those fail it doesnt hurt to ask any/all of the workers, *someone* there will be interested

if you're really cheaper than competition in the area you SHOULD be able to get it to move there, perhaps not by the foreman for the project (because if hes building 100 houses, they probably have a very good deal on the tile being used due to the huge order size) but the workers at these places kill for cheap material to use for themselves.

-they do side jobs and thus will be interested because you're the lowest price they can get since not building 100 houses at once)
-nearly all build laborers steadily upgrade their own house with renovations and additions

>>1846684
the issue I see with that is tile typically gets ordered in hundreds because so much of it is needed for most jobs, the box size you'd need to reach "enough for a project" would still be fairly large and heavy as fuck. No ones going to buy 10 tile at a time
>>
Brazilian here.
Just box them up and sell them.

You are welcome.
>>
>>1846645
Bro...

Just cold call builders and tile guys. Tell them hey, sorry to bother you but i have a metric fuckton of tile thst needs gone. You want i should ship u a pallet?

Wish i was still in contact with my good buddy tilebro. Hed probably buy 5 pallets today.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.