[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever worked on a big Alaska fishing boat? Not deadliest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: alaska.png (168KB, 1184x758px) Image search: [Google]
alaska.png
168KB, 1184x758px
Anyone ever worked on a big Alaska fishing boat? Not deadliest catch ones, but bigger factory ones that catch/process the fish. Just dropped my friend off at the airport. He signed a 90 day contract. Lots of 6 hour days etc. I think its a bad idea. How much you make isn't guaranteed it seems; all depends on how much they catch etc.
>>
>>1846576
Honestly, just seems like a fun adventure. Who cares about making money when you're in the great wild.
>>
>>1846586
This. I wouldn't mind doing something like that.
>>
>>1846586
you dont actually leave the ship at all from what i understand.
>>
>>1846576
I didn't work one personally, but a buddy of mine did.

He said he made some good money, only because the harvest was good. You're correct that your pay is not garenteed, but I guess it depends on the boat and contract.

The best part of working it was that there weren't many ways to spend money. If you were smart and didn't blow a paycheck on booze and hookers when you got to port, most of your pay just gets thrown into your bank account.

My buddy was also in the navy before hand, so the sea sickness want a factor for him. He also likes being out at sea, while some people hate it.

Tldr, might work out. Better than working at McDonalds.
>>
I knew a guy who worked on one for a while. He fell overboard during a storm and they gaffed him through the shoulder so to save him from drowning.
>>
>>1846576
>Lots of 6 hour days
This is supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>1846610
oops meant 16
>>
>>1846610

guessing he meant 16 hours
>>
>>1846616
That's actually a good thing on a ship. I'd imagine you'd go insane from boredom.
>>
>>1846597
I'm more concerned with his inability to think things through. He has never worked at sea before, only on the dock years ago. He wouldnt even be in position to need money like this if he hadnt sat on his ass drinking for six months after he got fired from his last job
>>
>>1846586
Well that and short of gambling or trading co workers wtf u gonna spend your money on ina ocean?
>>
>>1846605
...let me drown.

Fucking balls tho. Thats a bro right there.

Stab you to save your life.
>>
>>1846644
Would be cool if he has service and can send pics and tales of his adventure for 90 days through u?
>>
>>1846576
How much is he getting for the 90 days?
>>
>>1847755
I will try. I doubt he is going to have any access to an internet connection while he is there. All he brought to take pics with is a shitty LG treasure phone.
>>
>>1847804
That is what was very vague. All I kept hearing was "thousands of dollars" or "they pay you depending on how much we catch" I suppose he expects to get 10,000 at they very least. Nothing sounds guaranteed, so thats I wanted to see if anyone else had gone through this.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.