[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's stopping someone from getting a degree in the US

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1388090472626.jpg (466KB, 833x768px) Image search: [Google]
1388090472626.jpg
466KB, 833x768px
What's stopping someone from getting a degree in the US and taking on massive student debt, then fleeing to Europe or Canada or some other country, getting a job with your degree, and never paying your debt off? Would there be any consequences at all if you never intend to go back to the US?
>>
>>1846440
Well if you are not a US citizen then you do not qualify for the financial aid (fed backed). If you are a citizen and just plan to flee there may not be consequences but you'll have to build your credit from scratch. Feels easier to just ignore your loans and resolve to never own a home. They stop calling for payment in 10 years or so but may garnish all future tax returns.
>>
>>1846513
>just flee
I should have thought about this before I wasted all my money on college
>>
>>1846440
I got one for you anon
>put all living expenses on credit card debt
>use all salary to pay off interest and student loans.
>At the end declare chapter 7
>Shitty credit like most millennials except debt free
>>
>>1846735

Better yet just use the CC's to pay off student loans, then file bankruptcy
>>
>falling for the stupid tax and getting student loans for something that is well affordable with a full time job
>too incompetent to manage their time like an adult
>spends student loan credited back to them on laptops and clothes instead of paying it back towards the loan
>getting butthurt when they didn't do any research and only find out that college is more than just a GPA by the time they graduate
>can't get a job because they majored in an unemployable degree, thus again doing no research
>blaming the government and education system and capitalism on all of their mistakes

Americans are the literal definition of retarded.
>>
>>1846440
You'll get taken out by a fucking drone.

Don't do it
>>
>>1846440
>Better yet just use the CC's to pay off student loans, then file bankruptcy
I believe they won't let you
I also believe it's technically illegal and could be bad if caught
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.