[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna get into some programming languages, but I have little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: archer.jpg (47KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
archer.jpg
47KB, 624x352px
I wanna get into some programming languages, but I have little time on my hands.
How long and what should I study to ensure that things go smoothly?
>>
>>1845973
Study penises and how to make them ejaculate smoothly.

Also invest in some kneepads
>>
>>1845974
>shit posting on /biz/
wew fucking lad mate
>>
Python:
Easy language to learn.
Good back end language.
Start of the art language for data analytics.

Java / C# (these two are mostly the same):
Mastering Java / C# gives you solid OOP concepts. People are hiring.

Mastery of these two languages alone will get you far.
>>
>>1845973
get a PhD in mathematics and write your thesis on type theory
>>
File: 1426909358015.jpg (228KB, 942x792px) Image search: [Google]
1426909358015.jpg
228KB, 942x792px
>>1845989
>Start of the art language
>>
>>1845977
This board was built specifically for cryptoshitposting my friend
>>
>>1845973
Study rust/c++/haskell if you want to stay ahead. All the easy language jobs are outsourced to 3rd world devs. If you master one of those three languages you can easily learn any other language
>>
>>1846018
wrong
>>
PHP and JabaShit for the sole reason you can start making things appear right away with no effort.
Then learn OOP (POO) and Python (Poothon) or maybe C/Java if you want to make phone apps (but you could just make them in js instead)
>>
>>1845973

getting into programming takes alot of time
>>
>>1846084
that's what I thought.
Should I kill myself now?
I studied Finance in school.
>>
>>1845973
probably about 2 years untill people dont completely laugh at you
>>
>>1845973
you will fail if you don't have a specific goal in mind

also, long time, years before anyone takes you seriously. you can't get a job off shitty self taught skills. you need a degree or proven experience to get hired anywhere.
>>
>>1846034
I can take a C++ class through cisco at my college for free should i do it? Currently studying networking and i fucking hate it
>>
>>1846167
think of something u wanna program. learn the programming necessary to program that thing. program it.
if ur in finance try writing a program that takes in a bunch of company financial data and stock prices and tries to predict if the stock will go up or down the next day.
>protip use R's quantmod package.
google is ur friend. if ur smart it will take u to an R-bloggers article which has already done the programming for you, you just have to copy paste the code. in my experience half of programming is just finding shit on stackexchange/google.
>protip #2 if u dont get started u wont get anywhere
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.