[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting a pair of persian cats a good investment? They cost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Stephanie_2.jpg (23KB, 220x309px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Stephanie_2.jpg
23KB, 220x309px
Is getting a pair of persian cats a good investment? They cost about $500 each and you can have 4-6 kittens every 4-5 months, which is roughly $5000 profit per year. It costs less than $500 a year to feed them and they provide returns for 12-15 years.
>>
Yes buy as many as you can.
>>
>>1844322
Factor in medical bills do, and also having their pedigree certified.

Or you can do what puppy mills do and put the ones to sleep that don't sell. Actually just do that instead with pitbulls then drink a gallon of bleach.
>>
My grandma did this. Whole house smelled like shit. Had a room just for the cats full of cat trees and litter boxes. She would drag me to cat shows and everyone smelled like catpiss.
>>
>>1844618
holy kek
>>
>>1844607
I don't think many people care about pedigree. It seems like all you need is a nice photograph of a kitten followed by a sob story on social media about how she was abandoned by her previous owners after they went through a divorce or some shit and you'll almost instantly find somebody willing to buy the cat.
>>
>>1844622
No. Wrong. No one /buys/ a cat without pedigree. cats are usually free. No shortage of kittens anon, only people that are going to pay even $10 for a cat are the ones that want pedigree. Btw, you mean 5000 gross not profit.
Do Persians really have 4-6 kittens in a litter? That's a huge amount.
>>
>>1844322

> People will buy the kittens

Do me a favor. Look up all the shelters, all the adds with cats and dogs for sale, find breeders.

You'll discover their product is not selling, they often have to give it away.

There's a difference between somethings "value" and what people will actually pay.

Tons of free dogs and cats out there. Ones with papers and all.
>>
>>1844658
>He thinks the most popular breed of cats in the United States doesn't sell
>>
>>1844322
I've been to persian breeders. to command those prices they usually go to shows and win ribbons. this involves knowing what you are doing. between vet bills and shots occasional show i think the profits are much smaller than you imagine if they exits at all.
>>
>>1844322
Don't waste your time with mammals.

Go with fish instead, they're easier than parents and easier than insects and arachnids. At least fish can't fly out like a bunch of faggots and get eaten or roam your house like stalkers. Fish are less stressing and time consuming compared to squirrels and chinchillas.
>>
Dogs are a better investment, at least in the UK.

You can sell any mongrel pup for at least £400 and a good breed like a bulldog could fetch nearly £2,000 per pup.
>>
>>1845454
easier than parrots*
>>
>>1844322
You should breed a bunch of pitbulls, then hang yourself for being a faggot. Dont breed animals for profit, you become a part of the problem.
>>
>>1845476
Like breeding children. ;)
>>
>>1845454
Fishes are a niche market so even if they're less stressful to have, it's gonna be difficult selling them.

>>1845459
Cats are much lower maintenance than dogs so it's easier to keep more in your inventory. They also breed faster than dogs so I'm not really sure if breeding dogs is that profitable considering all the extra effort that needs to be put into it (cleaning up poo and urine, etc). Cats also eat lesser than dog so you spend less money on food.

>>1845476
>Dont breed animals for profit, you become a part of the problem.
I'm trying to earn more money. There is nothing illegal about breeding animals. People like animals and they're willing to pay.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.