[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that every alpha male that's on top of their game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2475.jpg (23KB, 266x239px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2475.jpg
23KB, 266x239px
Why is it that every alpha male that's on top of their game smoke cigarettes? I'm an entrepreneur getting into real estate and all of my mentors or the guys that matter in the field smoke cigarettes. I know many of these guys to be millionaires, yet they smoke heavily each day. It makes me want to start smoking.

Does nicotine give us an edge?
>>
>>1843749
nicotine takes the edge off.

seriously, if you're not constantly on edge don't bother smoking or making millions.
>>
>>1843750
These guys are straight shooters with their dealings.
I wonder if it could be just the withdrawals.
>>
>>1843760
no, both are a symptom of high-T.
high-T leads to aggression and mania. It's probably the nicest feeling since cocaine. It does make men act different.
>>
No idea, and, while it correlaretes, it doesn't cause success. I think a lot of has to do with having a contrarian mindset.

Thanks OP I could kill for a cigarrete.
>>
For every 1 millionaire smoker, there are a million degenerate nicotine addicts living in trailers and posting on /biz/ about how cool smoking is
>>
>>1843749
Don't start. It was basically hell trying to quit even though I was coughing up brown and pink slime everyday. Cigarettes are evil, nasty stuff.

You may find some successful MBA (non-STEM) types who smoke, but you'll also find 1000x more smokers who are low class struggling-to-pay-rent-on-trailer types. I think it's just confirmation bias.

It will without a doubt make you smell like shit and make you unhealthy. If you think nicotine is beneficial, try using nicotine gum and you'll see that it doesn't actually do much.
>>
File: James-Simons.jpg (53KB, 580x352px) Image search: [Google]
James-Simons.jpg
53KB, 580x352px
ITT: people who don't know fucking anything

Here's what the "stop smoking" adverts and campaigns don't tell you:
>Nootropics (pronunciation: /noʊ.əˈtrɒpᵻks/ noh-ə-trop-iks)—also called smart drugs or cognitive enhancers—are drugs, supplements, or other substances that improve cognitive function, particularly executive functions, memory, creativity, or motivation, in healthy individuals.[1][2]

>Nicotine – A meta-analysis of 41 double-blind, placebo-controlled studies concluded that nicotine or smoking had significant positive effects on aspects of fine motor abilities, alerting and orienting attention, and episodic and working memory.[40]

Many creatives and billionaires smoke. See pic related.
Net worth: 18 billion purely from being good at mathematics.

That being said, smoking obviously isn't going to make you a billionaire and it will kill you, but it's not ALL bad like they'd have you believe.
>>
What about nicotine patches?
>>
>>1843958
Smoking is still pretty bad for you you fucking retard.
>>
>>1843958

Yeah ok. You aren't wrong, but the only time I've ever heard of these benefits being worth the large amount of alternative healthcare risks is for old adults with neurodegenerative diseases. They won't live long enough to worry about cancers, effecticely hoping to curb the disease and make their ending time more bearable.
>>
Go to your local pub/ club/ whatever's gaming section and look at all the troglodytes who chain smoke and piss their pay away on the pokies

The 'smokers are cool' thing is the biggest meme of modern history. This meme has sent millions to an early cancer death and puts billion dollar strains on medical infrastructure lol
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.