[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>received a telegram saying that my father has to pay 1k€

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: cannibal_rect.jpg (229KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
cannibal_rect.jpg
229KB, 660x440px
>received a telegram saying that my father has to pay 1k€ before tomorrow to the financing company he owes money to
>no idea why since I'm sure the last payments were regular
>already have to pay off a couple of credit cards
>he's in the shit with 4-5 financing companies

Losing my shit here.
What should I do about the 1k€?
No way I'm paying before I know on what basis they're demanding them.
>>
File: telegraph-1.jpg (667KB, 1280x1029px) Image search: [Google]
telegraph-1.jpg
667KB, 1280x1029px
>received a telegram

lol wtf
>>
>>1840289
Buy time by asking the basis.
>>
>>1840289
>received a telegram saying that my father has to pay
>What should I do

Tell your father I guess. Not much more than concerns you about this affair.
>>
>>1840333
Very much since he's a fucking idiot and I had to intervene to prevent the situation from degrading further.
I'm already waiting the debt collection company to contact me for his credit card so I can pay that off in one go with a 35% (I hope) reduction.

>>1840319
The basis? Meaning?
>>
>>1840652
>I had to intervene
Oh boy, you must have a busy life if you *have to* intervene whenever an idiot makes a decision that's not financially sound.

I know you don't want to hear it, but just as a warning: If there are no repercussions and his model kid will step in whenever he fucks up - what exactly is the incentive for your father to change his ways? What makes you think the same shit won't happen again in 6 months?

Don't sign anything. Don't become his secretary and have all communication go through you. Don't take on personal liability. There is no reason to fuck up your future alongside his. If he's still sane - tough shit, he's an adult making his own choices. You can't rescue every idiot, even close family. If he's insane and doesn't literally cannot deal with money - go to court and have a legal custodian and conservator appointed for him, who'll then have to sort his shit out on a much better standing. At the very least force him to go to debt counselling to get a proper overview and have them straighen him out and come up with a plan of action.

Telegram, deadlines of only 1 day - come on, all of that screams scam and collection agency fearmongering. They *want* you to lose your shit. Your father probably doesn't even owe the complete sum, they just keep trying what they can extort. Making financial decisions under emotional duress is a bad idea.
>>
>>1840673
>Oh boy, you must have a busy life if you *have to* intervene whenever an idiot makes a decision that's not financially sound.
Oh well you're right,
I'll just let him deal with it the way he does and not do anything about it and let him end up as a hobo, who the fuck cares right?

>what exactly is the incentive for your father to change his ways?
He's 60, he was raised into a manchild,
he married somebody that allowed him to be a manchild and he's gonna die a sad unfulfilled manchild.
I ain't gonna save him, I'm just covering my ass.

>>1840673
>Don't become his secretary and have all communication go through you
I don't intend to, but since he's clearly not mature enough to deal with the situation I have to do something, since he's leeching off of me anyway.

>Telegram, deadlines of only 1 day - come on, all of that screams scam and collection agency fearmongering
Exactly, specially since there's no fucking detail about the reason they're demanding this sum.
I treid to contact the agency but it was closed, first of all I wanna find out what he actually owes right now and then I'll tell them he's not able to cover any of that.
Then once the credit cards are paid off I'll think about settling the smallest loans, then he's gonna keep paying the rest with his retirement money.

I'm not doing this out of moral obligation, I'm getting every single euro I'm putting down back from him.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.