[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Shitty feelings thread I'm an engineer in corporate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: manlife.jpg (44KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
manlife.jpg
44KB, 500x332px
>Shitty feelings thread

I'm an engineer in corporate America and I might have made a big mistake by trying to leave my job

I was offered another job, and have recently passed the on boarding procedure, and background check. Problem is I also already gave my current employer my two week notice and than I should be starting my new position. This week I will know if I will actually have a job, or lose everything in the next two weeks

That other offer, might fall through and I will be unemployed. I am in the corporate world and a network engineer, I hope if this does go south/wrong than I have up to two months to find another job. Going back to current employer is not an option even though they said they would hire me back. I would just like everything to go well in the next couple of weeks

Well if it goes south, I will be on the street :(
>>
Why is the God almighty fuck did you give 2 weeks notice without an actual job offer? I think I already know the answer but I'm hoping it's something more than "I'm an over-eager retard and don't think things through".
>>
>>1836861
The job offer was already signed, they sent an email sending saying we look forward to you starting at such date etc.. but there is now another issue with my references and im worried they might cancel my offer due to them not being able to reach said reference on file. Everything else is set, they sent the email saying my start date will be, i have done the paperwork, but now im worried they will cancel since my reference on file might not want to talk to them
>>
>>1836869
It's common courtesy to ask someone if you can use them as a reference, and in so doing you give them a heads-up that they might be called. In any case, if THAT'S the issue I wouldn't sweat it. References are rarely contacted anyway, and at this point it's more of a chore to rescind the offer and go through the hiring process from scratch with a new candidate. If that's really all it is, I think you're ok.
>>
>>1836871
>They tried calling reference, and my manager never answers the phone

I'm talking to him tomorrow, but don't know if he is willing to be a reference, I never asked him. also, my latest employmnet review, he had nothing but good things to say about me, but since I'm leaving there has been some tensions, I just hope he will be understanding. I'm asking him tomorrow to call the background place to be a reference.
>>
>>1836883
Good luck. In the future, find out if someone is willing to be a reference before you put them down as a reference. Unless you were a complete shithead I'm sure he'll be alright. Business is business.
>>
>>1836883
You fucked up OP. Never list a reference unless you know they'll come through for you in a positive manner.

HOWEVER: If you already got a signed offer, passed the background check, and are on-boarding then it's very unlikely that they'll terminate you because they couldn't reach one of your references. I honestly wouldn't worry about it for the time being. Just get in there and be the best fucking employee the firm has ever had from Day 1. Work 12 hour days your first few weeks. Man the fuck up.
>>
Spoke to manager and he will do the reference thing but he says he can't say much since I already gave my notice..
>>
Lol my manager is fucking me

The background people said they've not contact manager. They are looking for other references. I might be without a job soon and I am a highly skilled network security engineer. I might not have credible references
>>
>>1836846

Yikes.

Sheeeiiiitttt.

You don't tell your current employer until you have signed with the new employer and have a start date.
>>
>>1838651
Have a start date however, I believe it will be canceled in the next couple of days. Frankly, I think they will cancel soon, they cant contact a solid reference, although one of the references supposedly already called them. I'm having lunch with him tomorrow, so I will know soon

Sad but true, I probably should have sucked it up and stuck at this job for some time longer, now I will be out of a reference, and as of this friday I will be out of a job. New job begins Monday morning, but at this point I am sure I will be fucked
>>
Spoke to my managers. They will proceed with reference. Also other supervisors have hit me up from other depts I Europe. Guess they have heard I am moving on and they mentioned they are losing a big asset in the company. I guess some people have noticed how I have been working
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.