[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck are we still using pennies? Does anybody unironically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: penny.png (10KB, 561x543px) Image search: [Google]
penny.png
10KB, 561x543px
why the fuck are we still using pennies? Does anybody unironically use pennies for any real purpose? How much money are we wasting by devoting all that energy and manufacturing power and time to produce these worthless things?
>>
<-- some ppl do this, me I just keep mine in a jar
>>
A few countries have already gotten rid of them.
>>
>>1836563
I agree. The price of goods should just be rounded up or down to the nearest nickle.
>>
I throw all coins below 10 cents away
>>
>>1836725

YES. my dude.

People of America, please. Any time you see a penny throw it on the ground or in the trash. This may be the only way to send a message to Washington to get rid of the penny.

> but wahhh wahhh we'll have to start rounding transactions up or down

Uh yeah. No shit. Time's need to change it's not that hard.
>>
>>1836563
a penny saved is a penny earned, you hoe ass mother fucker
>>
I had a food order for $24.99 the other day

Gave the bitch a $20 bill and a $5 bill.. she didn't even ask me if I wanted the penny back.. idk wtf her problem was, guessing she thought pennies were useless, or was mad at me for not tipping on takeout
>>
>>1836800
she probably had a rude response when asking customer if they want the penny...now she just doesnt bother

because most everyone hate pennies
>>
State issue. There was a mint suggestion to rid of the penny. However a good chunk of these copper and zinc come from Tennessee, Kentucky, Nevada, Colorado, etc etc mines and a good size of regional economies there.
>>
>>1836780
It's funny because we round now when gasoline is purchased. The price is quoted 9/10 of a cent, thus most likely the transaction is rounded. Is it merely to save useless gooberment jobs at the mint?
>>
>>1836563
>How much money are we wasting by devoting all that energy and manufacturing power and time to produce these worthless things?
I don't think the penny argument is really relevant. We pay for most things using a credit or debit card. I use pennies as exact change for small purchases.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.