[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CCG/ - Cryptocurrency General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 37

File: winningsohard.jpg (16KB, 320x322px) Image search: [Google]
winningsohard.jpg
16KB, 320x322px
/CCG/ - Cryptocurrency General - ETF Hype, Moon or Bust? ETH, Monero, DASH continue to impress. $1500 in the month of March?

-- Margin Trading BTC --
https://www.bitmex.com

-- Where to buy BTC--
coinbase, kraken, local bitcoins, paxful, or some random guy on street

-- Altcoin Exchanges --
poloniex, bittrex, yobit

--Bitcoin Wall Observer Thread--
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.0

--WhalePool Livestream--
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSAXsgdvfiS9WqAxwjMm8aQ/live

or

http://Livestream.whalepool.io

Previous: >> >>1821088
>>
Is putting a stop-limit on my BTC sufficient to protect me from a crash?
>>
File: PRAISEKEK.jpg (42KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
PRAISEKEK.jpg
42KB, 800x600px
Someone want to explain this ETF faggotry to me?
>>
i got like 32 ethers in me wallet

so i just lean back now and wait for the rocket to launch, or do i need to keep my eyes open for something in the coming weeks?????????????????
>>
>>1835988
just hold it for the rest of the year, dont panic sell
>>
>>1836006
oh i know that

its just if i should keep my eyes open for a chance to grab some more at a low price
>>
>>1835986
Google BCT ETF.

TLDR in the less likely event of approval of this ETF BTC goes on moon mission. If it isn't approved, BTC will dip.
>>
>>1835988
>tfw sold some ethers in panic today at 17.40€
>tfw now it's 18.12 again
I hate this stuff but can't stop.
>>
>>1836013
If it doesnt approve this time will they try again?

Like it gets dissaproved then dips, I buy 100 BTC in the dip, they try again a year later and now i have millions?

Or should I just buy 2 BTC now and hope it reaches 10k after lunar landing
>>
>>1836013
What will it mean for other cryptos? Specifically ETH.

Also as a pretty major thing that I think needs to be brought up, can somebody elaborate on why ETH is so great (or not).

So far on this board I have basically only seen this

Pro-ETH
>lel moon mission
>bitcoin is myspace
>bitcoin is vhs
>bitcoiners are going to be btfo

Anti-ETH
>just another shitcoin
>bitcoins better because it's been around longer
>>
>>1836022

Eth is programable, which makes a difference somwhow, and its backed by multiple large companies.

that's all i know, i dont really tbqh, i just want to profit from it
>>
>>1836028
>Eth is programable

I understand that from reading sources, outside of 4chan of course. It seems to show promise. The idea of a distributed computer network that companies can tap into if they decide they need it sounds pretty cool. On the other hand, it may prove to be more vulnerable to malicious actors due to the increased complexity.
>>
>>1836018
>If it doesnt approve this time will they try again?
I don't know, I read somewhere there are other ETF applications in the works. Keep in mind the Winklevoss one was started in 2013 I think. The government moves like molasses. I don't think this one event is going to make or break anything.

I'm hedging on ETH right now, going to dollar cost average this week and then I guess probably try to dump if there's bad news about the ETF since it would probably trigger ETH to crash too. Who knows if that's feasible, when things dump they dump quickly.
>>
>>1836018
There are more ETFs seeking approval. I believe another one is actually going to be decided on in March as well. If i remember right, late March.
>>
So a couple days ago I tried sending .01 eth to my first wallet account as a test. The amount shows up when i put my address into etherscan, but not on mist.

Today I sent .1 eth as another test and same result, doesnt show on mist but does show on etherscan...

Do i need 1.00 ether for it to show in mist? Mist says something about creating a contract thingy and being able to see incoming transactions maybe thats my problem just curious on how to go about that...
>>
>>1836017
For what were you buying them?
>>
>>1836064
Mist is shit. It's probably downloading the entire blockchain first. If it's on etherscan, it's fine

See you on the moon
>>
I recently bought my first couple ETH on bitpanda

Any advice?
>>
>>1836074
I just use coinbase. Randomly my weekly debit limit went from $300 to $3000. I was already verified and looking to increase it, but the verification page says the limit can't be increased by more verification, right after that I get an email saying it increased.
>>
>>1836085
Did your bank happen to cancel your card using coinbase?
>>
>>1836074
To make money I think
>>
>>1836017

It's OK anon, I couldn't stop either and lost a huge chunk of my net worth in the beginning. The benefit to watching charts all day and understanding emotional cycles is that you become profitable before too long. I can happily say that after a year of watching charts patterns play out, I am currently beating a buy-and-hold strategy.

If youre obsessed with crypto trading, it's one of the easiest hobbies to monetize right now
>>
>>1836097
Or put it on hold rather.

I've had a headache and a half dealing with this and their support hasn't gotten back with me yet.
>>
File: 1488054747257.jpg (8KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488054747257.jpg
8KB, 252x240px
How do you guys cash out your BTC into USD? I've been using BTC ATMs or converting over to Gold but I'm wondering if I'm missing an obvious easier way?
>>
>>1836084
Don't panic sell.

If it's not much money for you stop caring and forget it. Look every now and then. Like ever, people with cojones win.
>>
>>1836099
what rate you retard
>>
Do the folks from local bitcoins identify you in any way? My friend wants to change some cash.
>>
>>1836097
>>1836102
Not yet at least, what bank? I've heard those stories and I have Bank of America so nothing would surprise me. You might as well open a new account with somewhere that isn't sleazy, I'm too lazy to move away from BoA, but give me a reason and I'm gone.

Now that you mention it, my first transaction recently (hadn't bought in probably a year), was initially declined and I got a text/email to confirm it. Obviously they saw it was coinbase, normally I've only ever had that happen when doing multiple purchases from the same place in a row (not necessarily crypto).
>>
>>1836143
Never used it, but when I looked into it the sellers want verified buyers too. Some ask for driver license pics and the like. The bank might want identification too. You could look around for someone willing to do a cash in hand transaction.
>>
>>1836103
Transfer directly to your bank account?
>>
>>1836150

You... you can do that?
>>
>>1836150
Is this a thing?

i have to sell bitcoin/ether to usd, euro or any other real currency before i can transfer it to my bank account
>>
>>1836155

Yeah, my brain is still stuck in 2014. I haven't really looked for conversion options since then. If you can do it direct... that'd be nice.
>>
>>1836145
Oh well. It's amazing how fast the governments caught up.
>>
>>1836144
>with somewhere that isn't sleazy

It's not even that they're sleazy, but their automated fraud detection is set extremely high.

I've also had my card canceled for using it as a calling card, purchasing a $5 product on steam (I've spent much more on steam before that) and of course on coinbase. There are others, but those ones stick out in my mind. I have yet to have my card shut down for a legitimate fraudulent charge.

It's USAA, they've been pretty good and I've had them for going on a decade now. They are pretty good. From what I understand talking to them is that it was shut down because I tried multiple times to charge it.

What I'm confused about is that I was able to verify the card with the microcharges, then when I went to actually purchase about $200 of ETH the transaction failed. I tried it again and coinbase removed my card from payment methods.

I have since tried re-adding it, but they said they are unable to accept the card and to contact support. That's the point I'm at right now.

I did get my bank account verified and now I have to wait until the transaction finally goes through, but it would be nice to make an instant transaction.
>>
>>1836152
>>1836155
>>1836157
I meant through an exchange first, like coinbase or kraken. Still better than buying gold or getting cash from a bitcoin atm.
>>
>>1836168
>Oh well. It's amazing how fast the governments caught up.
Don't give up just cause of my comment, like I said I never used it. You'll have to search around to see what the sellers/bank will require.

>>1836174
>It's not even that they're sleazy, but their automated fraud detection is set extremely high.
This I'm OK with, though that sucks it sounds like you've tripped the fraud detection algos for both coinbase and your bank.

I've only ever had my bank call/text/email for those situations and I just confirm and it's done.

I heard stories awhile back that banks would auto-deny anything crypto currency. Apparently coinbase will do the same if they suspect your buying to sell on localbitcoins.
>>
Is there a way to display my etherem private key unencrypted? Like, for a paper wallet?
>>
>>1836196

To me, I've always felt crypto was a completely incompatible world with the straight banking work so hearing these stories are odd. I just count on getting raped for 10% when converting crypto to USD. I wish the banking industry would embrace crypto. If I could deposit BTC and Monero direct to my bank account, that would be revolutionary in my world.
>>
>>1836196
>I've only ever had my bank call/text/email for those situations and I just confirm and it's done.

Apparently my phone wasn't verified to receive text messages, which I ended up doing yesterday so hopefully that will remedy future situations.

>I heard stories awhile back that banks would auto-deny anything crypto currency.

Yeah I had the instinct that it wasn't a good idea to explain to them what the purchases were for. They don't need to know anyway. I just said it was an online store.
>>
>>1836199
Don't really get what you mean but you can open the .json (keystore) file and look. That's actually your key.
You have to backup the .json file over 9k times btw. For all.
>>
>>1836211
But is the key in my .json encrypted by my account password?
>>
>>1836216
I'm sure it's in the keystore file but encrypted. You can open the keystore file in a text editor but you won't find the password. You can use your wallet file anywhere so at myetherwallet for example.
>>
>>1836047
on BTV or some other shitcoin?
>>
you all really make me want to buy into ETF but how do I know it isn't just shills egging me on
>>
>>1836289
It seems the new floor for ETH is now around 18 or 19 dollars and it has been like this for a while now. If it was pump and dump shilling it would have crashed at this point
>>
>>1836264
BTC. Google BTC ETF, there'll be 5 or so news articles that mention the other up coming ETFs
>>
File: 1455422367944.jpg (1MB, 2008x1940px) Image search: [Google]
1455422367944.jpg
1MB, 2008x1940px
>>1836306
>>
Should I pump 60-80% of my income in BTC&ETH for the next 5 years?
>>
>>1836317
yes, wait untill 13th march
>>
>>1836318
>yes, wait untill 13th march
CNBC says 11th, don't know how or why, but I'd keep my eyes open all weekend. Not like it really matters that much unless you plan on timing the markets.
>>
If recurring digits KEK wills eth and btc beyond our solar system

Praise
>>
File: 1470260638628.gif (2MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1470260638628.gif
2MB, 309x313px
>>1836346
>>
ETH is done. Dump waiting to happen.
>>
>>1836392
It'll either be Challenger or Apollo 11
>>
>>1836295
Right? I expected it would drop by now but it hasn't. What a pleasant surprise
>>
Why the fuck would anyone sell ETH at a loss right now? Cause it dropped 2 dollars? Do you need this money immediately? Is this an emergency? Are you fucking poor? Hold you idiots
>>
Where do I start with all of the cryptocurrency stuff? The wealth of information available seems rather overwhelming.
>>
>>1836424

Read as much as you can.

Buy BTC.

Do nothing after that.
>>
>>1836424
Bitcointalk.

Reddit

Here...
>>
>>1836424
Sub-reddits are going to have tl;dr info. Buying depends on where you live. Just beware the hype over their is worse than on here.
>>
>>1836426

Yeah buy BTC now at the all time high where its literally never been more expensive, good luck bro
>>
I'm done with Bitpanda. It's shit and wouldn't let me sell ethereum.
I am switching sites. Is coinbase any good?
>>
>>1836433
Well, with the possibility of ETF going through there's some hope.

$20 used to be the top too.

Life's a hussel.
>>
>>1836478
>Life's a hussel.
*hußel
>>
I just signed up to coinbase and It will only let me spend 100euro a week with my debit card. I'm trying to buy more coins but the site won't let me. How do I buy a few grand worth of bitcoin and ethereum right now?
>>
>>1836590

GET VERIFIED
>>
Should I sell some BTC prior to the ETF decision just to be prepared for both outcomes?
>>
>>1836598
Don't sell bitcoin unless you are a professional trader. The point is to hold on to bitcoin and gamble that it will be a global currency in 10-20years. Don't invest any money you aren't prepared to lose
>>
>>1836590
https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2108820-coinbase-account-limits

it's a fucking hasstle
>>
>>1836590
are u gonna buy ETH or BTC right now for 100?
>>
BTC is beginning to climb again. Jumped $10+ in the last half hour.
>>
>>1835981
This board has only ever made me money, i put it down to the extreme autism levels of people who actually research shit but well done biz you guys are alright.
>>
wtf coinbase debit transactions go through UK now, got an additional 3% fee from my bank after the fact.
Just when my limits went up to $3k a week
>>
Gainesville, Fl popping it. Went to buy $200 btc for my first time, Coinbase only will let me purchase $100. Gotta wait till next week.

Boom motha fuckaz
>>
>>1836924
When will we finally be able to leave banks behind.
>>
>>1836920

I have become retardedly autistic, aside from sleeping it's rare a hour goes by that I don't check BTC and other crypto prices.
>>
>>1836590
>>1836928
You can link your checking or savings account and fund with that. You don't get the coins instantly but they will honor the price you bought at.

You can also deposit cash directly (from said bank account) without buying anything. Then you can effectively instantly buy at a later date. They are FDIC insured to $250k like a regular bank (except if someone phishes your account).
>>
File: fwefaewf4.png (61KB, 1061x548px) Image search: [Google]
fwefaewf4.png
61KB, 1061x548px
hmmmmm

https://blog.bitmex.com/notice-regarding-coin-prediction-futures/
>>
File: 3453456.jpg (106KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
3453456.jpg
106KB, 851x315px
DAILY REMINDER WE NEED UASF TO ACTIVATE SEGWIT NOW

https://news.bitcoin.com/chinese-miners-worried-about-a-user-activated-fork-propose-synthetic-fork/
>>
>>1835983

it should be, yes

>>1837152

how can i support segwit? i run a full node (i use bitcoin core wallet) but i don't mine
>>
>>1837475
What do you get from running node? Also how much taxing resource-wise is it?
>>
Do you ever stop to think just what sort of data is being mined/decripted by the calulations?
>>
>>1836590
Like buy bitcoin from localbitcoins and transfer them to poloniex to buy ETH
>>
>>1837582
Yes, its pointless sums. Sha256 its just a pointless excercise to prove you are doing work. If a bitcoin wasn't coming out of the end of it no one would bother.
>>
>>1836442
I've just started using bitpanda, what's the problem with it?
>>
>>1836100
how much money are you making off of it?
>>
>>1836010
after this ETF deal gets sunk ETH will dip below $11, then the price will recover and grow nicely when BTC is shown to be obsolete. BTC was always doomed to fail in the long run, and it does not have the first mover advantage.
>>
>>1837621
BTC will trump ETH long term.
>>
>>1837621
>after this ETF deal gets sunk

If.
>>
>>1837626
http://dapps.ethercasts.com

since youre a simple mind I will be frank

the price of a crypto is directly dictated by how many people it can get to buy into

if youre a token coin like bitcoin you're basically like gold, people hyped it up and pushed the price but you can't do anything with it

ETH on the other hand has millions of applications and will bring a new era for many things
>>
i was just wondering if i have the right concept of crypto currency atm

so bitcoin is worth USD 1000+
and say theres 10k coins in circulation with a limit of 40k

ethereum is worth USD 20+ with 10k coins in circulation and a limit of 25K

does that mean the fact that there are less coins available will make 1 coin worth more than 1 bitcoin if it does indeed take off "to the moon"
>>
economics 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwLh6ax0zTE

and with this in mind also think of some facts

bitcoin has the first player advantage meaning it has the most trust atm and most big money behind it

but it will die if people start to see it for what it truly is

imagine they don't even know who created it and the so called creator might be siting on 1 billion worth of coins with what he could destabilize the market and cause a sell off rush

it's the same reason I didn't buy bitcoin when it was 12dollars because it's so fucking fishy not knowing who the fuck it created
>>
File: connects.jpg (27KB, 383x472px) Image search: [Google]
connects.jpg
27KB, 383x472px
>>1837639
>>1837647
>>
File: 1487367036916.jpg (31KB, 249x214px) Image search: [Google]
1487367036916.jpg
31KB, 249x214px
Utterly retarded question. What is this ETF coin and how do I get it? Are these people talking about a cryptocoin or a stock on an exchance?
>>
>>1837674
Its called ETH

Short for ethereum
>>
>>1837674
this is all cryptospeak. eth is the best investment you'll ever make
>>
File: 1488327774969.jpg (21KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
1488327774969.jpg
21KB, 450x319px
>>1837694
>>1837721

Ain't nobody want that faggoty scam created by some failed abortion looking Russian. I'm hunting real game, you mETH niggers.
>>
>>1837734
I've got a stock I desperately want to invest in for massive profit but the bank is empty. let's just say it's a little-known pharma company that is about to have a breakthrough in research
>>
File: Screenshot_20170306_155143.png (143KB, 1588x678px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170306_155143.png
143KB, 1588x678px
The moon is near!
>>
Never done any cryptocurrency shit before.
Any FAQs or things I should read before getting myself into it?
I read you need a dedicated rig to efficiently mine BTC, but I only have a pretty decent computer and a laptop.
>>
>>1837825
Just buy ethereum
>>
>>1837825
What GPU? Also mine Ether
>>
>>1837864
GIGABYTE 1060 6gb
>>
>>1837756
Tell us fagagot
>>
I am mining eth on dwarfpool with 20 MH/s
When do I get cashed out? I am having around 0.006 ETH
>>
>>1837904
Some only payout when you have at least 0.1ETH. Should be after 2-3 days.

>>1837891
Good card, just try it.
>>
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg18086259#msg18086259

VIA about to make moves.
>>
introducing Discord Trollbox

https://discordapp.com/channels/288374030615052299
>>
>>1838112
>VIA
>literally peter todd and btcdrak's pump and dump scam
>unironically pumping VIA

kys
>>
>>1838274

...not working for me, desu.
>>
>>1836064
It's because you haven't downloaded the full blockchain yet.

The latest versions of Mist don't download the chain before opening the wallet for some reason. Sometimes it starts downloading later and sometimes it doesn't.

Here's what you do:

1. Download "Geth". This is the actual program that interacts with the blockchain. "Mist" is just the GUI program that makes it all look pretty.

2. Open your computer's Command Prompt. To find this in Windows, click start and find the Windows System folder.

3. Move to the directory that geth is in. Then type geth to run it.

It will start downloading the chain. Once it's done, close it and then your Mist.
>>
>>1838359
Last part should be "close it and then open your Mist".
>>
>>1837756
CVM?
>>
File: 1488218325297.png (203KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1488218325297.png
203KB, 482x427px
>trying to buy my ticket to the moon
>coinbase is making me wait 4-5 days to verify my bank account
It just hurts real bad
>>
>>1838414
Same dude how fucking hard is it to transfer 4 cents holy shit
>>
I'm a bit confused by how Bitcoin wallets work. Can I have multiple wallets access the same thing, like one on my phone and one on my desktop?
>>
>yfw this Bitcoin ETF is a last ditch effort scam to raise btc prices so people holding a lot of BTC can sell all their BTC last minute for a high price before it completely crashes and people switch over to ethereum

I'm mining eth on my rpi3 getting .000001 eth per week guys see you on the moon
>>
>>1838474

A wallet is literally a store for private keys to your addresses. You can use a piece of paper as a "wallet"
>>
>>1838451
>>1838414
USE LOCALBITCOINS YOU FUCKS
>>
>>1835981

Short time biz lurker here.

Seems like ETH is a safe bet weather the ETF gets approved or not. How would I go about buying 10k worth of ETH? I'm living in canada if that matters.
>>
>>1838684
I use localbitcoins and then use the btc to buy ethereum on poloniex. Kraken or coinbase works too.
>>
>>1838684
Coinbase, buy Bitcoin, then exchange for ETH on Poloniex or coinbase itself. Or kraken. But get Bitcoin first is probably easiest. Also buy monero not ETH ;)
>>
>>1837475
Wait how do u run the node?
>>
>>1838112
Romano is like 19 years old, they need to replace him with someone confident. Also how can VIA be a Bitcoin testnet crypto currency when litecoin is doing exactly that?
>>
>>1838720

who gives a shit? Buy rumor, sell news.
>>
>>1838729
Hmmm, I guess you're right
>>
>>1838414
>>1838451
All the while tickets to the moon keep getting more and more expensive

Good luck astronauts
>>
>>1838637
If this the flippening?
>>
Where to sell ETH with a minimal / without a fee when the time comes?
I bought 250 eth at $16 on coinbase, wondering where I should sell them after the moon landing
>>
>>1838923

HODL them until you need the money. If you're not trading actively, just hodl.

ETC NEWS. Glad I bought that bottom
>>
>>1838987
I am holding, did you read my post?
Asking where to sell when the time comes, after moon landing?
Just don't want to deal with the stupid fees on coinbase, those Jews want to steal all my "hard earned" money
>>
My bad, dog. Didn't read it fully, I'm a skimmer.

Sell it for BTC on poloniex then sell the btc on wallofcoins or localbitcoins for a premium on top of the profits, my g.
>>
File: 1479429852446.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479429852446.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>1839011
Thanks for helping, and no worries :3
>>
THE INTERVIEW WITH BRAM IS HAPPENING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJCVSNups3A

>>
>he's not mining coins at all times with his gaming hardware that capitalize on the crypto revolution

Really dudes?

minergate.com/a/51037e1d7fd7c63c3572b20e
>>
>>1839136
>Using minergate of all software miners out there.
>Using average gaming rigs instead of specialised ASICs and workstations.
>Not just buying hashrate for a coin you know it's going to raise.

Seriously?
>>
File: 1488771911175.jpg (108KB, 715x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488771911175.jpg
108KB, 715x1200px
I'm buying ETH and XMR through Poloniex. Is it safe to keep it there instead of moving into a wallet? Are they going to steal my money?
>>
>>1839310
>Is it safe to keep it there instead of moving into a wallet?

Just be wise and move it to a wallet. It's an easy way to hedge your bets.

Just ask all the people on mt gox how it worked out leaving their money on the exchange.
>>
>>1839324
What happened to Mtgox? I'm quite new to all this crypto world.

It's also not a big sum, it's under 500 usd.
>>
>>1839331
The guy running mt gox artificially drove the price up of btc to $1000+. It went from $100 to over $1k in a month.

He came clean and they shut down the exchange and people weren't able to retrieve the money they had. Not saying it will happen again, but taking the extra time to move it to a wallet on your computer/phone/etc. is worth while.
>>
>>1839331
Also in case you didn't know mt gox was the largest exchange.
>>
>>1839339
>>1839342
Are there any trusty good online wallets? What if my phone or my laptop gets stolen.

Or my desktop catches on fire.

t. third world scum
>>
>>1839348
back it up and throw it on a flash drive and put it somewhere safe

You'll still have your private key so don't leave that on the same device you have it stored.

There was also a dude that threw away his hard-drive and only remembered after the fact that he had his wallet with a shit ton of BTC on it. I don't know if he killed himself or not.
>>
>>1839348
>Are there any trusty good online wallets?
not the exchange ones, yes, absolutely.

i use mymonero wallet and etherwallet online only ;)
>>
>>1839136
i dont have water cooling for my gtx 1070, so it gets pretty hot whenever i mine ether with the genoil pool on etherminer. or Powash pool, something like that. like 75 degrees Celsius
>>
>>1839348

Buy a trezor if you can afford it
>>
>>1839355
the ;) kind of scares me

is myetherwallet good?

how much is the transaction fee for all this shit?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>1837595

More than my wagecuck salary currently, not sure how long the good times will last
>>
>>1839378
no idea, but it's worked flawlessly for me for the past 6 months

thats where i held most of my ethertokens
>>
>>1836100
how much xmr can i send to you in exchange for your trading strategies?
>>
>>1836100

Were you the one who posted that trading volume strategy? That was one of the best things I've ever read on /biz/. I was playing that for awhile before the insane BTC boom and to my surprise, it worked really fucking well. I was making small profits every day until I got scared to waste anymore BTC with it booming like 10% a day.
>>
Crypto trading is incredibly addictive because the market is always open to fuel your degenerate desires

The possibility of being able to earn a side income on whatever hours you choose to "work" is incredibly alluring although that dream can turn into a nightmare quick if you're caught in a loser and won't sell

I love it though and hope to get good enough to establish trading habits and self discipline that can be applied to other asset classes. It's a useful skill
>>
>>1837637
>ETH on the other hand has millions of applications and will bring a new era for many things
But there are no good opensource eth wallet generators.
>>
>>1837825
Google

"How the bitcoin protocol actually works"

Then

"Bitcoin the hard way"

Then download bitkey live cd, run it on air-gapped computer with an empty usb drive pkugged in. Generate electrum wallet. Write down EXACT seed phrase on one 3x5, and KEEP THAT FUCKER SECRET AND SAFE. Then check 'recieve' tab in electrum, copy down a few EXACT addresses. DIFFERENT PAPER THAN UR SEED PHRASE PAPER. Eject bitkey, disconnect airgapped pc from power, destroy USB.

Open coinbase, Gdax, gemini or localbitcoins account. Buy some bitcoin. Send ("withdraw") it to an address you wrote down on second piece of paper. 1 hour later, search the address on blockchain.info to confirm the transaction.

Gratz, now you're hodling btc safely JUST DON'T LOSE THE PAPER WITH ELECTRUM SEEDPHRASE.
>>
>>1839477

Make sure to only send a tiny amount to the address the first time just to make sure it all goes according to plan.
>>
>>1839481
Yeah, do this. I did as described above with $2 full round-trip, bought on coinbase, sent to gemini, withdrew usd to bank account. Hunky-dory.

Anyway, is there a "bitkey" for ETH or XMR? Or do I have to nut up and program my own wallet generator if I want to be safe?
>>
>>1839477
>Then download bitkey live cd, run it on air-gapped computer with an empty usb drive pkugged in. Generate electrum wallet. Write down EXACT seed phrase on one 3x5, and KEEP THAT FUCKER SECRET AND SAFE. Then check 'recieve' tab in electrum, copy down a few EXACT addresses. DIFFERENT PAPER THAN UR SEED PHRASE PAPER. Eject bitkey, disconnect airgapped pc from power, destroy USB.
jeezus

>>1839477
>Gratz, now you're hodling btc safely JUST DON'T LOSE THE PAPER WITH ELECTRUM SEEDPHRASE.
ok that shit actually sounds scary af. losing a piece of paper worth $10000000000 in btc
>>
>>1836174
USAA is doing a good thing here. My Navy Federal cc stopped on my first Coinbase but my local bank didnt. Now I dont trust my local bank.

the reason it trips the fraud detection is that they send the "microcharges" for verification and then hit with a larger charge.

This is also the way someone who buys your card number from a TJ Maxx hack does test runs. they charge small amounts to:
a - see if the card is still live
b - see if you notice

then they start charging like fuck. so the good banks loo for this. All you have to do is tell them you authorized it and they will release the hold and you can charge again.

There are probably sites (like steam and coinbase) that have heavy fraud action that trip the wires too.
>>
Can someone rec me a fucking sane way to have an offline wallet backup, preferably on a USB stick? All the solutions I've read sound like they were written by the dude in that Pi movie by Darren Aronofsky.
>>
>>1839487
>ok that shit actually sounds scary af. losing a piece of paper worth $10000000000 in btc
You can set it up for multiple pieces of paper, or engrave metal or something. There's lots of ways. Tbh, most desktop wallets are probably secure enough for average person. But what I described guarantees your safety. So like, .1% chance of getting hacked with desktop wallet, 1*10^-50 with method I described.

for more visibility:

is there a "bitkey" for ETH or XMR? Or do I have to nut up and program my own wallet generator if I want to be safe?
>>
>>1839516
Check bitkey website. or just do what I described in
>>1839477
but don't kill the usb.
>>
>>1839538

Crap, I should've mentioned that I'm a mETH head, not into BTC. Your method doesn't seem to apply to ETH.
>>
File: C5ohsH_U8AA-MAF.jpg-large.jpg (251KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C5ohsH_U8AA-MAF.jpg-large.jpg
251KB, 1536x2048px
I haven't followed BTC for a while. What caused the transaction fees to skyrocket?
>>
>>1839536
>Or do I have to nut up and program my own wallet generator if I want to be safe?
Jaxx but it's closed source.
>>
>>1839543
Full blocks

xD
>>
ARE THEY FUCKING SERIOUS WITH THIS SHIT

I'VE BEEN WAITING TWO DAYS FOR THE PIDDLYSHIT CENTS TO SHOW UP IN MY BANK AND NOW THEY'RE TELLING ME I NEED A WEBCAM

I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING FAGGOTY WEBCAM

WHY DOES THE PHONE APP NOT WORK FOR IT

WHY

WHY WOULD THEY JUST DUMP THIS BULLSHIT ON ME
>>
WHY DO I NEED A FUCKING WEBCAM I JUST GAVE YOU MY VALIDATED BANK ACCOUNT IN MY FUCKING NAME AND A PHOTO OF MY ID YOU CHODECHOMPING ABSOLUTE NIGGERFAGGOTS HOISTING GAY BULLSHIT BETWEEN ME AND MY ETH
>>
This shitty little applet they have for verifying your identity doesn't even work on the fucking site. It just says "Your session has expired".

FUCK YOU ASSHOLES I ALREADY PAID $60 VIA CREDIT CARD AND THEY CUT ME OFF FROM THAT TOO

FUCK THEM FOR HIDING THIS NON-FUNCTIONAL BULLSHIT ACCESS WALL
>>
poorfag starter needs help

I've got 18 ETH and 0 BTC.
Should I split my shit so I have 9ETH and whateverBTC, wait for the March 11th BTC ETF and if it goes through, enjoy my BTCgainz and reinvest to ETH if it still seems like a good idea?
>>
>>1839917
>>1839902
>>1839894
hahaha get REKT noob!
>>
>>1840022
well, Bitcoin has a lower risk than ETH. Also, ETH is prolly highly correlated to Bitcoin, so if one takes a dive, the other will do that too. So my advice would be for you to analyse the volatibility of both and divide your cash accordingly.
>>
>>1840053
Thanks

Split is so I have 5ETH now and the rest on Bitcoin. Not much to lose anyway so whatever happens the worst can happen is a loss of few hundred EUR.
>>
Just been browsing the thread, still got a few questions though, very new to crypto

I'm using bitpanda to buy eth and ethereum wallet to process (this is still downloading block chain and doesn't display my eth yet, although they are visible on etherscan)

I want to hold my eth for a while and see what happens, I've bought them at a low enough price so I'm happy to sit and watch this closely for a year or so

Is there a better site I should be using for buying/selling eth over bitpanda, and is there a better app I should be using over ethereum wallet? Note I am a euro+mac fag

Any tips n points appreciated
>>
>>1839516
Dude just save e private keys or a backup of the wallet on a us.

Better yet print out a QR of the private key and string . Put that in your safe. Close your wallet on any computer and buy a shotgun to fight off theives
>>
I heard about a give away of a new crypto and one stage will be a biz giveaway.

Not sure when though.
>>
For coinbase you need a secure email address (not my current pro gmail), what is the most secure emailing platform ?
>>
>>1835981
ETHERIUM PUMP AND DUMP SHILL COCKSUCKER LEAVE MY CONTAINMENT BOARD NOW.
SAGE
SAGE
SAGE
SAGE
>>
So i finally get my bank account authorized expecting $2500 limit.

Its $250 so I click buy and now I need to verify my ID again when last time it took a couple days... the site is broken to verify identification andd.....

I MISSED THE FUCKING $1206 DIP BECAUSE OF IT FUCKING REEEEE GET YOUR FUCKING SITE STRAIGHT

i swear it was set up like this to piss people off
>>
File: 1487342443740.jpg (8KB, 355x397px) Image search: [Google]
1487342443740.jpg
8KB, 355x397px
BTC exchanges are fucking ridiculous. Before I started using BTC ATMs, I remember trying to go through all that faggotry. FUCK YOU, NO SCROTUM PICS FOR YOU!
>>
File: 4915015.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
4915015.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
If eth will be worth 1000$ by end of the year, will we feel the same thing btc shills did in 2013 ? Eth is still profitable for mining today...
>>
You guys said eth was going to make me rich and im getting nothing, monero also keeps going down

I should have kept my btc
>>
File: kek.jpg (99KB, 570x765px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
99KB, 570x765px
Am I the only one who actually thinks Ethereum rises because people heard that Bitcoin is going straight up and they look for an alternative?
>>
>>1839894
>>1839917
Use localbitcoins.

>>1840114
Use cryptowat.ch to monitor price.

>>1840542
Use localbitcoins.

>>1840618
It will be 100 USD by end of the year and PoS.

>>1840627
Wait 365 days.

>>1840628
Alt-coins almost always increases when BTC increase.
>>
File: penis.png (78KB, 749x583px) Image search: [Google]
penis.png
78KB, 749x583px
>>1838997
Kraken is quite easy but I don't know if this is a relatively high fee. Compare different trading sites.
0.14$ per 100$ or do I get this wrong?
>>
>>1839136
>referral link
>minergate
Minergate is a scam together with Bytecoin.
>>
>>1840634

What's the best way to convert BTC to ETH? shapeshift.io?
>>
>>1840669
I tried shapeshift once. The transaction never converted so I had to send them an email to get my btc back. They responded immediately so it wasn't a problem, but I never used it again.

I trade at poloniex.
>>
Any useful tips for a beginner in BTC/ETH?

I bought 2.5 ETH and 0.025 BTC from Coinbase.
>>
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=RNS_BTC

Being shilled heavy by icocountdown.com

Anything under 1k is a good buy and hodl.
>>
>>1840718
Short in short term, and go long in long term
>>
File: 1486825017752.jpg (20KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1486825017752.jpg
20KB, 366x380px
What is with these mETH niggers. I haven't paid attention to it since the fork months ago. Why does everyone suddenly think it isn't a scam?
>>
>>1840653
payed 3.50 euros for 100euro worth on coinbase
>>
File: idprint3.png (240KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
idprint3.png
240KB, 640x480px
>>1840948
I couldn't tell you. They are excited for nwo coin. They are excite for internet 3.0 where it cost money to send data every Time.

Personally hold it out for something else
>>
File: no such thing as zen.png (842KB, 629x474px) Image search: [Google]
no such thing as zen.png
842KB, 629x474px
>>1840852

>tfw to go eastward one mile is to go westward one mile
>>
File: IMTHEBOSSBITCH.gif (744KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMTHEBOSSBITCH.gif
744KB, 245x300px
>>1840964

I genuinely do not understand them. You have a nonsensical coin that has no application that's being pushed by a Russian who looks like an abortion is a weird cult of fags online...

The secondary digital currency and the future has already been established and it's name is Monero.
>>
>>1840982
Monero is pretty good

I always wondered why we would let a Russian create he internet 3.0 to Ken

Russian scan coin.
>>
File: 1487572532823.jpg (116KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1487572532823.jpg
116KB, 668x712px
>>1840989

>Internet 3.0

A good number of people on /biz/ are this fucking stupid to believe this...
>>
>>1840951
What does a withdrawal of Ether cost? On Kraken you have to pay 0.005ETH for one transaction for any amount of Ether. That is 1x 0.10$ at the current price of 19$
>>
Just sold all of my ETH. Netted $896. Feels good bro. Ethereum may one day become great, but for now it is a Russian scam coin.
>>
>>1840990
They think it's a world computer , and new age internet.

There are dozens of new cryptos out there creating programmable chains for dapps and some how this eher shit will be it? Top kek

They probably just want to be on the train because they think it's btc all over again.

No one uses ether. And actually monero is just about then only thing actually used after btc

Not to mention ether was a 50 million coin premine

They seem to forget about the bailout

They forget about premine.

Fuck for some reason ether is an exception because of muh ether
>>
>>1838474
Yeah, blockchain.info offers mobile/desktop wallets
>>
So I have some BTC/ETH in my coinbase account, and I was wondering if it hypothetically went to the moon - How would I be able to sell them and deposit in my CAD bank account?
>>
>>1840993
you mean to send it to your own wallet or to sell it?
>>
>>1841006

I've been following mETH since it's debut. Made a couple of $100 when it split into mETH and ETC awhile ago. No one has been able to tell me in one sentence what the fuck ETH is supposed to be.

Bitcoin "Internet cryptocurrency"

Monero "Anon cryptocurrency"

mETH *puts on wizards hat* "THE FUTURE OF INTERNET AND EVERYTHING. SOON TO BE THE CLOUD WITH WHICH THE TERMINATORS RISE!" HURRRR DURRRRR"

Nigger, what?

It's been the following the same cycles now since it's debut. It's just the biggest P&D scam coin.
>>
Is eth about to take a dump? Should I unload my coins?
>>
>>1841082
short it.
>>
just bought 7 eth. we are going to the moon lads
>>
>>1840966

>mfw this post
>>
>>1840982

Monero is like that nerd everyone picks on for being weak while the big kids all enjoy good times, until the nerd rises up to #1 Market Capitalization. Mark my words kids.
>>
>>1841024
you dumb cunt need to understand what a blockchain is and what other ways to use one are

only then can you understand all the hype behind Meth
>>
>>1837152
>>1837475
Do NOT support segwit or UASF. They will kill bitcoin. And insteam of Core, Use Unlimited, it is a much better node, use less bandwith and supports big blocks.

Also, Core is the reason fees are rising.
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/wiki/index
>>
Is /ccg/ for or against BU?
>>
>>1835981
im going to buy so much btc when it crashes to $200 in a month or so
>>
>>1841427
50/50 ;)
>>
http://www.coindesk.com/sec-decide-bitcoin-etf-fate-friday/

The US Securities and Exchange Commission's decision on the much-anticipated bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) is expected by Friday, according to a source with knowledge of the agency’s deliberations.

The SEC has an 11th March deadline to make a decision regarding the proposed rule change that would clear the way for the ETF, which would be the first of its kind. Yet because the 11th falls on a Saturday, that decision will come before that date – potentially before Friday, the source said.

The decision, regardless of the outcome, will cap a more than three-year period since investors Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss first filed with the SEC in mid-2013.

Should the fund receive approval, some analysts have speculated that bitcoin markets could rise as a result. That expected approval appears to be baked into some quarters of the market already, driving the price to new all-time highs in recent days.

The digital currency's price continually neared $1,300 in recent sessions, reaching $1,293.47 on 3rd March, CoinDesk Bitcoin Price Index (BPI) figures show. However, bitcoin prices kept falling back during their climb toward $1,300, eventually experiencing a sharp drop on 7th March, during which markets plunged below $1,200 for a brief period.

On the other hand, analysts have argued that, should the SEC reject the rule change that would allow the Bats Global Exchange to list the ETF, bitcoin's price could be negatively affected.
>>
Phil Bak, who was previously a New York Stock Exchange managing director and currently serves as CEO for ETF issuer ACSI Funds, told CoinDesk that, generally, the SEC seeks to avoid the appearance of "publicly rejecting an ETF". He went on to argue that, if the agency didn't plan on approving one of these funds, it would likely ask for the filing to be pulled ahead of any final decision.

Yet according to Bak, the lack of such a pullback so close to the deadline could be driven by other factors specific to the bitcoin ETF.
ADVERTISEMENT

Bak explained:

"In this case, the government agency may want to show the world it is unsure about bitcoin. Alternatively, it could also be that the advocates want to support it to the end and let this proposed fund get its day in court, rejection or not."

'A coin toss'

In the absence of a definitive statement from the SEC, it's perhaps easy to see why a common refrain of uncertainty has emerged the week of the decision.

As Arthur Hayes, co-founder and CEO of exchange platform BitMEX, explained:

"I have heard good arguments for and against the ETF being approved. At this point it is a coin toss."

Hayes' exchange is home to an ETF-tied prediction market, where traders can essentially bet on the outcome of the decision, and that has seen significant fluctuations over the past month. At times, traders have given the fund estimated chances of between 2% and 70%, depending on the day. At press time, the prediction market shows a roughly 50% estimated chance of approval.
>>
Charles Hayter, co-founder and CEO of CryptoCompare, offered similar sentiment, stating that the fund's odds of receiving approval are "more than likely plucked out of the air on this one".

Those close to the industry aren't the only ones comparing the SEC decision to a coin flip.

For example, Bloomberg Intelligence senior analyst Eric Balchunas recently argued that the ETF has about a 50-50 chance of receiving approval.
The waiting game

For now, at least, those standing by for the SEC's decision can only watch and wait as the 11th March deadline grows nearer.

Yet, as argued by one analyst, those hoping for a conclusion to the years-long process might not get an answer until after that date.

Jeff Bishop, ETF expert and co-founder of investor message board platform RagingBull.com, speculated that, in the end, the SEC could punt its decision further past the 11th – particularly in light of recent price gains.

"I have the feeling they will find a way to delay this even more though. With bitcoin at all-time highs and the SEC having a terrible record for allowing new ETFs to come to market at absolute tops, they will likely push back on this until things cool a bit," he said.

That said, Bishop said he believes the ETF should be approved.

"It should be up to investors to decide the true price of bitcoin. The more liquidity and options [there are] to trade it, the more transparent and accurate the pricing will be," Bishop told CoinDesk, concluding:

"It should not be up to a government agency to withhold something like this from the public."
>>
>>1841359

Nice wizard hat, you faggot. Go suck Vitalik's dick.
>>
File: cyberpepe.png (71KB, 2028x1300px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpepe.png
71KB, 2028x1300px
>>1841562
>"I have heard good arguments for and against the ETF being approved. At this point it is a coin toss."
>coin toss
>coin

hehe
>>
>>1841574

I'm not gay, but an ETH is an ETH.
>>
Fuck should I double down and buy more ETH or sell. I can't tell if I got played or not.

If ETH goes to $10,000 I'll almost have a million dollars.
>>
Just bought 52 ETH @ 18.91 in the coinbase app on my phone.

I plan to just sit on it. Is it cool to leave it in the coinbase wallet?
>>
>>1841641
ten thousand dollars. listen to yourself
>>
>>1841646
>>1841641
if you're just sitting on it anyways, 52 is big enough you can be bothered to download a wallet lol. Don't keep shit on exchanges
>>
>>1841655

Seriously. mETHHeads are the literal niggers of the crypto world.
>>
Is there a general consensus on NixonCoin on Yobit? It just looks like another pump and dump with a big ass wall set up right now. Is it worth getting into?
>>
>>1841656
How would I go about downloading a wallet and transferring from Coinbase?
>>
>>1841688
Nixoncoin

seriously

thats it

Im making a plate full of shit coins and im going to bank.

I have the means.

Lets do it right now.

~Names of shit coins~
I want them all to be based on cryptonote for reasons.

First set of coins will be based on Seinfeld

Costanza coin
Jerry Coin
Kramer Coin
Ellane... naw no ellaine

I can make these coins all three of them in a matter of an hour or so.

complete with seed nodes.

Problem is a website, im to jewish to pay for a domain.

Then we request yobit adds them.

we mine the fugg out of it, wait for a pump and dump em.

???

Profit yes
>>
>>1841617
Kek
>>
>>1841646
>>1841656
>>1841764
Coinbase claims to be insured. At least USD they are FDIC insured to 250K, I'm not sure how it applies to cryptos though. The faq made it seem like it did but I wouldn't take my word for it. That's insured against the company getting hacked, not you personally being hacked or phished.

I have 80 I just bought and plan on leaving them in my coinbase wallet until and if it's worth enough to move them somewhere more secure.

If you move them to a wallet get very aquatinted with it, send some coinage back and forth, back everything up to multiple USB drives, check the newb thread on whatever subreddit to get best practices and gotchas. Only then consider moving them all.

>>1841655
Yeah I know I'm lowballing
>>
>>1836316
>0 google search results
HOL UP
what's going on here? Is that Taylor Swift? Source?
>>
>>1841780
Well, I wish you the best on this new idea of yours. I'll admit, the sudden rush of political shitcoins since TrumpCoin has been a tad absurd.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-07-13-48-02.png (95KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-07-13-48-02.png
95KB, 720x1280px
why the fuck is the confirmation taking so long?

18 hours, and counting

the average time is 300 minutes
ever had this happen to you?
>>
>>1841839
Took me 30 hours one time, I rarely use BTC for transactions now. Welcome to full blocks!

We need 2 megabyte blocks now
>>
>>1836103
send to alphabay then sell drugs
>>
>TFW have to wait ujntil 14th to get 50 bucks worth.

I hope it doesnt crash :p
>>
>>1841848

Huh?
>>
Down comes the price...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-hadDvJseg
>>
>>1841846
really? i havent sent bitcoin in a while. is this actually true
>>
File: Screenshot_20170307-213429.png (278KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170307-213429.png
278KB, 1440x2560px
"lol Okcoin whatever"- rest of market
>>
>>1841917
Yes, just look up Bitcoin unconfirmed transactions. Ppl try to spam the network during pumps some of the time, assuming they are trying to short. But yea, when it happened to me there were like 80,000 unconfirmed transactions, usually there are like 20k ish I think. Also, post your transaction link into viabtc thing if u want to try to speed up your transaction
>>
>>1841810
CostanzaCoin is going to be running soon
>>
>>1841868
a joke but it's actually possible
idk if there's drug dealer threads on /biz/
>>
File: IOdigital.png (15KB, 320x74px) Image search: [Google]
IOdigital.png
15KB, 320x74px
DIONS is basically Ethereum + aliases, messaging, and data storage over DEKS(decentralized encrypted key system.)

http://www.iodigital.io/dions

The beta was released on Monday for testing, and is expected to be shown live on BlockTalk, March 11th.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695855.4060

I would assume it would be released either the end of this month, or April sometime.

DIONS has been in development for 2+ years now. IOC has no pre-mine, no-ICO, and no anonymous developers.

Currently number 41 on https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iocoin/
>>
File: tails.png (55KB, 223x181px) Image search: [Google]
tails.png
55KB, 223x181px
What should I use to mine Ethereum?

Is it still worth it at this point?
>>
File: C5lhmz7U4AEBZ1c.jpg (191KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
C5lhmz7U4AEBZ1c.jpg
191KB, 1200x799px
Do you keep your cryptos in kraken? Or this is just for trading?

Whats advice do you all have on storing cryptos?

I have like 2 bitcoins in an old wallet/miner how would i approach moving these to kraken?
>>
>>1842226
I'm balls deep in ETH/BTC, but you made me buy 50 IOC. Looks better than ethereum, but sells itself short. Seems like some very modest devs.
>>
>>1842226
DIONS flippening with BTC?
>>
>>1842267
DIONS is a platform for IOC.

This is the future, especially with the latest news from wikileaks.

Decentralized private messaging and social media is going to be big. Pair that with aliases for people and shops instead of long hash addresses, and you're looking at Internet 2.0.

Basically any DAPP you can think of can be created and used with IOC.
>>
>>1842249
They don't want a parabolic rise based on hype. They want a consistent uptrend until they release their final product.

It's a nice change from the scam pre-mine ICOs that leave you high and dry with your bags after they pump the coin on hype, and fail to deliver.

I would expect around a 100% increase within the coming weeks after the beta is demonstrated live on the 11th.

After DIONS is released, I would expect to see a fast 500%~ rise within months, putting it around $4, with plenty of room to climb when you consider it has a similar amount of coins as Monero.
>>
>>1842234
send them to poloniex and trade shitcoins, or send them to bitmex and trade btc/usd leverage

DO IT!
>>
What the fuck. Cocksuckers at coinbase won't accept my identification because "US passports don't show which state you reside in". I don't reside in the states, what the fuck do you want from me?
>>
>>1842403
>what the fuck do you want from me?
a lot, unfortunately :(
>>
Ethereum is the future, all other coins are now obsolete.
>>
File: 1486157910654.gif (83KB, 395x281px) Image search: [Google]
1486157910654.gif
83KB, 395x281px
>>1842478
>>
How do I make it so that my sister can safely get my coins in case I die?
>>
Assuming ETF denies them, and BTC starts losing value, will ETH rise or sink?
>>
>>1842629
right now ETH is doing exactly what BTC is doing. So i assume it will follow BTC after the decision is made.
>>
>>1842629
>will ETH rise or sink?
Probably yes.
>>
>>1842626
Give em to me I'll hold them for u and make sure she gets them if u get killed, I mean die.
>>
>>1842634
Very good point.

>>1842626
Set up a dead mans switch email with the relevant information on how she can cash out, and include some kind of way for her to retrieve it.

Preferably, don't let the email contain all the information on how to access the wallet. Give her a link to an encrypted backup, and have the encryption key be something that only you and your sister would know, such that the operator of the dead mans switch cannot access it.

Here is one such service. I cannot vouch for it in the least.

https://www.deadmansswitch.net/

Please don't kill yourself after having set this up.
>>
>>1842651
Thanks. No intention of killing myself. Just had a relative die and started thinking a bit.
>>
>>1842665
I don't see the purpose of doing this in most cases. It'd often be better to just do it the conventional way. That said, this is definitely an option.

Take care of yourself. Losing a relative can be tough. I don't know if it gets easier each time, but at least you get experience with how to deal with it.
>>
>>1841780
Email me friend.

If you can make a coin, I have a juicy idea/domain I'll give you...

[email protected]

(Throw away address)
>>
>>1836022
All of those pro and anti eth statements are correct. Though the real Facebook to Bitcoin's MySpace is Monero.

Having privacy and fungibility is even more fundamental to money than real identities are to social networking.

Whatever Bitcoin is, it's not money and it never will be.
>>
>>1842672
Appreciate that, anon.

I've given it a place.
>>
>>1836033
How you imagine Ethereum to be is like some distributed AWS. There is a crypto for this called Golem Token. Ethereum would never be able to work efficiently doing that. You are right that it is very vulnerable to malicious actors though.
>>
>>1842685
should costanza coin be a basic anonymous coin or should it have some sort of special feature.

as of now its a simple cryptonote anonymous coin with untraceable transactions. Only real feature is merged mining. so that you can mine it along side of monero
>>
>>1839396
What was the strategy?
>>
I'm a German and want to buy some BTC and ETH with minimal hassle.
Which seller is reccomended? As long as It's not overly so, I don't mind paying a bit for convinience.
Also, I'd prefer to not have to fuck around with wallets, so having the option of "parking" it there would be nice, but that would require that I can trust the platform.
>>
>>1842753
Kraken works good for me as a German. You have to get verified but you has to anywhere. It's a bit annoying and takes time but then you have a good trading site.
>>
>>1842753
Kraken
>>
>>1842772
>>1842774
This wiki
>https://de.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin.de
seems to also reccomend bitcoin.de
Probably expensive, but when I want to skip my own wallet, their insurance seems like a good idea.
Or is there anything that speaks against using them?
>>
what will you do with your lives once quantum computers become common things?
>>
can someone explain this to me, the spikes show that after the dump people bought in again and at the same the some people keept dumping and again people bought in again but again some people keept dumping
>>
>>1842784
>>1842772
>>1842774
Upon further reading, Kraken seems better.
How much info do they need to get started? Will I have to send them my ID? They are not completely clear on that in their FAQ
>>
>>1842885
Quantum computers have a long way to go until they can perform the same tasks as modern GPUs in the same way.

At least that's my understanding. I doubt you have one.
>>
>>1842913
nope, I just want to bait here but the board is too slow that's sad
>>
>>1842885
Apparently there already exists quantum secure hashes. They are really big by today's standards, 40kb or something so not ideal for blockchains but with technology improving it should be ok.
>>
>>1842912
ID+your Face, Photos of ID (both sides) and a proof of your residence. Took a random bill and masked private things. It should show you address+name and a date at least 3 months iirc.
I find Kraken very cheap. (Posted more information ITT)
>>
>>1843028
I just went for it.
Seems that for small sums, they only need the adress, but no documents. Currently waiting for my € to arrive there.
Lets see if that works.
My Bank account normally does not serve my full name (only James Kirk), which could be an issue since I registered as James Tiberius Kirk on Kraken.
Who long does a SEPA to Kraken normally take?
>>
How much money needs to be thrown at mining if I want to generate, say, $2000/mo in profit?
>>
>>1842892
what am i looking at? that looks like shitty liquidity to me.
>>
>>1842651
>>1842665
Don't be a fool and learn about email encryption (PGP) or you put the whole operation at risk because you decided to send your email to a hotmail account.
>>
>>1843318
His sister has the second factor. Forcing her to figure out how to use PGP might not be an option; he may want her to not be aware of the dead mans switch. Opsec is equivalent, as, again, the passphrase is something like the serial number on their fridge or something. Shit that nobody without both physical access to her house and email (and the knowledge that the two are related) can get.
>>
new thread

>>1843343
>>
>>1842626
Just have a paper wallet in a safe somewhere and write about it in your will.
>>
>>1838112

Told you
>>
>>1843325
What if she gets a new fridge?
>>
>>1843467
Visit her more often.
>>
>>1843347
>it didn't reach bump limit yet

>>
Get ready for a ride
https://twitter.com/syscoin/status/839575961049907200
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.