[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no sticky or "getting started" reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 6KF1Xhf.jpg (94KB, 670x913px) Image search: [Google]
6KF1Xhf.jpg
94KB, 670x913px
Why is there no sticky or "getting started" reading list here like there is on other boards?

Do you guys have any /biz/ reading lists to get peoples foot in the door?
I already have a good career, so I'm not looking for tips on selling shit on Ebay, I want to learn about investing and passive income.
>>
We can't really agree on anything beyond basic math. Literally anything you say will be both lauded and abhorred. Regular posters come from very different backgrounds (NEETs vs trust fund babies), locations (Europe vs America), want to invest in very different markets (forex, crypto, stock, real estate, precious metals), have very different expectations and risk profiles...

Economics and investing are not hard sciences. There are no absolute truths, just a lot of partisan shilling from every side.
>>
>>1835605

Well put anon. I lurk mostly for anons that correct retards and learn from them. Nobody agress on shit
>>
File: Snip20170305_1.png (97KB, 333x224px) Image search: [Google]
Snip20170305_1.png
97KB, 333x224px
>>1835514

I had an idea once...

I took a few hours and wrote up a sticky, it covered the common questions of biz and helped people get started. I encouraged editing so it could get improved into being a knowledgeable and accurate guide for noobs to get started.

It fell into obscurity and the mods never adopted it.
>>
>>1836222
Damn dude that sucks.
Honestly I think just a list of starting books would be good enough so people get started n learn on their own.
Just make a list of a few great books on the different aspects of finance/accounting, economics and investing + maybe the
links to the pdf files.
>>
We don't need a sticky

Investopedia and the Bogleheads wiki already have all the information anyone needs to get started with personal finance and investing.

They also have a heavily moderated forum that doesn't allow dank mwmes or shitcoins

This is a containment board for autists and neets to shill and shitpost their shitcoins and penny stocks.

I used to give long ass responses to every question. I even kept them in a notepad to edit and improve then.

Ihaz used to do that too, but the neets and shitcoiners don't want to hear about index funds. They want 200% gains on their $0.00000000024 coin on their $10 investment.

Or go look at robinhood threads if you want to see what intentional poverty looks like

4chan is for entertainment. Do yourself a favor and leave if you're here to learn or have serious conversation
>>
>>1836222
Cry more fag.

The only thing worse than trying to put together a pithy summary of all the complex topic covered by this board are the unqualified NEETs who try and then whine about it.
>>
>>1836259
Obligatory nocoiner coping response to deny the poorfag NEET this "pleasure"

Some of the actual insider info that hits /biz/ once in a blue moon is great though. The plausible deniability of 4chins really does make it a great platform for diamonds hidden under piles of ironic and unironic shitposting
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.