[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 25 >be trucker >take home ~$3K a month on a typical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1475321171139.jpg (103KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
1475321171139.jpg
103KB, 1000x746px
>be 25
>be trucker
>take home ~$3K a month on a typical normal month
>only expenses is cell phone, medical insurance, and $100/week budget for food and shopping
>have ~$39K in savings

I have plenty of free time just sitting in my cab in the evenings and at night usually just playing video games and browsing the internet.

Is there anything useful I can spend my time doing? Already started online classes in computer science and corporate finance.

End goal is to acquire as much money possible by the time I'm 30 and to move to the Philippines, marry a local with a business owner/wealthy family, and contribute.
>>
There's nothing wrong with what you are doing. With the exception of your pay rate.

$36k a year?? I thought truckers made like twice that.
>>
>>1834101
36k is middle class in any Flyover state especially if hes single
>>
>>1834101
That's take home. It is about twice that before taxes. My GROSS has been right around ~$50K. Only been trucking for 2 years.

But I drive flatbed and get tons of free time. Not one of those van cucks slaving away at 3,000+ miles a week running their 70 out every 5 days.
>>
I have my A license with all the endorsements, unless you are doing oversized loads or very specialized hauling that pays a lot truck driving is probably the worst use you can make out of a CDL.

I was OTR for two years, gave up on that shit and I went to driving party buses. $30/hr and I double my money with cash tips easily. People literally throw money at me and I'm home every night, I drive maybe 1 or 2 hours a day and spend the rest of time collecting my hourly to kick up my feet on one of the couches, feed my laptop into the TV's and day trade (if its during trading hours) or play Overwatch. I have to wear a suit and tie and actually care about customer service, big fucking deal I honestly prefer having to take care of myself than the slovenly truck driving lifestyle waiting hoping to get your shower in before your 8 hour clock resets.
>>
>>1834101
>doesnt know what taxes r
>>
>>1834096

Start a youtube channel filming the road. Get a decent camera and aim it outside your window. Might eventually get a small following and some passive income.
>>
>>1834096
>the Philipines
why wouldn't you want to move to an overcrowded island of jungle gooks? go to eastern europe or spain if you want to take advantage of cost of living disparities to retire early
>>
>>1834096
>to the Philippines
?????????????????
>>
Start trading jnug all in
>>
22 with class a but not using it teach me pls
>>
>>1834096
>s there anything useful I can spend my time doing?
Prepare for another career when you get automated out in 5-10 years.
>>
>>1834096
hope you enjoy the taste of DONG
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.