[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm the guy who was offering free marketing consulting in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Tropical-Rainforest-Tree[1].jpg (72KB, 335x414px) Image search: [Google]
Tropical-Rainforest-Tree[1].jpg
72KB, 335x414px
I'm the guy who was offering free marketing consulting in a small city in a country of shitty SA. I was struggling and /biz/ said thats because people think free = no value. Since I still had free time tried to focus on the things I have more experience to create anything valuable to other people.

First found people that had problems with writing and offered help for free without success. My english is shit but at least I can write decent scientific reviiew and college tier essay.

Next found that an organization from my college needs accomplished projects to earn points in some rank. Tried to contact them to propose making a copy of the same organization for the students of the college in my city. This would work in theory. Organization gets points, I get experience and something to talk about during an interniship interview, college from my city gets something to advertise. Failed since they never replied my email.

I spent 60-65 hours/week the last two months trying to create something useful to other people but failed. Also my networking went nowhere since people couldn't help me nor point someone who could. Spent 2 months worth of food in meetings and bus tickets and now my mom thinks I'm a crazy dumbass.

At least I was succesful cleaning the house and cooking. Next year if I don't get an internship I'm gonna focus on cooking even better or help people by answering question about a topic I know online. Going out trying to do things without building a name first is a waste of time. Thought that as long as you show value people would cooperate. Maybe I'm fucking up my presentation or maybe you must have a name.
>>
if you have no prior experience to demonstrate competence then why should people pick you even if your free?

You could offer to do it for artists collectives, designers ect theyre always broke but needing things and the end results are demonstrable with things like exhibitions/shows ect that you can point to and say I helped create this

If youre in a city with an art college you could leave flyers around, or advertise on a website like artsjobsuk.
We would have welcomed someone to do our publicity, sort our flyers, contact the press and sort out sponsorship for the drinks for the private view ect. Its not technically marketing but it leaves a trail of experience. If you do websites ect that would also be useful.

Also why not contact studios and pop up galleries ect. theyd love someone to do this for them.

I think you have to do stuff before people want to be consulted at by you, even for free.
>>
>>1831561
>I spent 60-65 hours/week the last two months trying to create something useful to other people but failed

I legit feel like you're doing something wrong or you're not telling us. I work 20-25 hours a week as a freelancer, and I make ends meet.

Did you go to college? What skills do you have? What experience do you have with them? What direction (employment, self-employment, contract work, freelancer, etc.) are you trying to go? How old are you?
>>
>>1831633
>I think you have to do stuff before people want to be consulted at by you, even for free
I have experience from previously projects and my proposition stated that I was interested in learn by doing. The idea was working with the owner to write down what he thinks his business is then choosing a problem and find some BASIC solution. Have in mind that people have really fucked up business ideas here so even stupid ideas could help (like creating a facebook page). In the end the main objective would be teaching the owner on how to see his business, what is market, new method of advertsing, choosing a segment... It would be more like a class than consulting.

>artists collectives
One of my initial ideas for volunteering was trying to create a collective since I see people that work with different mediums but they never cooperate to enhance exposure and promotion. At least if I could go back in time.
>studios and pop up galleries ect
We dont have these things where I live. It is a small city in a poor country.
>>
>>1831644
>did you go to college
I'm still undergraduate, studying engineering, had two months of vacation but couldn't look for internship because we have heavy bureaucracy so minimum contract is 1 year long. Since technology is expensive engineers end up as glorified managers 90% of the time. Also had marketing/business class in college, found it interesting and saw a way to help other people while doing something I can use during an internship interview.
>skills you have
I can write relatively well in my native language. My scientific writing is relatively good when compared to the rest of people who don't even know what it means. I have access and know how to use the database from college, so I can do research on almost any topic 10 times better than someone using google. Experience working in groups and lack of desire to do as little work as possible.
I also have knowledge on specific topics but it is useless here. I'm listing basic skills because the city can benefit a lot from basic tasks.
>what direction
Volunteer work to learn more about the fields I'm interested in and believe it or not, it is a very religious country so I must try to help other people when I have free time. Don't know the situation in USA but I've been doing volunteering for 5 years now.
>age
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.