[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the catch with dropshipping? Seems to literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1450186470115.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1450186470115.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
Where's the catch with dropshipping?

Seems to literally have no investment required, why isn't everyone doing this yet? The perfect /biz/nessman's way of making money.
>>
Razor thin margins because everyone is doing it
>>
>>1831366
should i do it as a neet?

What's the downside?
>>
>>1831382
Downside is you will probably make little to no money. Not unheard of for the hourly profit to be less than minimum wage
>>
>>1831387

The bigger question is, is the hourly workload less than that of being a minimum wage worker? Like is it money that's rolling in every hour, easy peasy? Or are you continually upkeeping with sales nonstop?
>>
>>1831390
This is my question too. It seems as though it's relatively little upkeep and you just kind of have money rolling in.
>>
You gotta find the right niche. Even if it's a niche you're not even interested in, as long as you have the right information and know what your demographics are. Then spend all day promoting your brand/website on social media and creating email lists and constant traffic.
Most importantly, you gotta spend money on ads and SEO. And you can't just use those $5 Fiverr SEO/ad/backlink packages forever (although it's a good start), you gotta make sure your website is always being updated by you and you are constantly adding something new, otherwise search engines will notice any sort of stagnation and will drop your site from the first 10 pages.
>>
>>1831364
because it's entirely probably that you will pour weeks or months of time and effort in and yield no results. your store could fail for numerous reasons and most people give up.
>>
>>1831411
But can you be specify, how much time could it really take?
>>
>>1831424
well you have to pick a good niche, find a good product, build a store, make ads, wait for sales. pretty sure doing all of these things as a first timer from scratch could take months
>>
>>1831432
how about just making an ebay store for this?

and shipping people cases for phones
>>
>>1831443
lmao i actually flip on ebay as a side hustle instead of dropshipping. everyone and their mom dropships on ebay. search any china meme product and there is 20+ pages of likeminded people posting that crap.

ebay feels much more saturated than amazon
>>
>>1831445
How about obscure products?

I found a guy selling very obscure laptop parts for retarded prices but only because he was literally the only listing, and the only other place to buy it is like 2 month shipping. Is that a good idea? I feel like a lot of people would buy it
>>
>>1831447
>>1831447
that could work except you have to understand what products people search for on ebay and what they dont. how many people search ebay for laptop parts rather than marioparty 4 for gamecube. how do you funnel people looking for those parts to your ebay store.
>>
>>1831451

where can i learn this
>>
>>1831455
i dont know, everything i sell has plenty of people looking for it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.