[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>scheduled phone interview for first job at 3:00 today >No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 13899347461472.jpg (137KB, 399x397px) Image search: [Google]
13899347461472.jpg
137KB, 399x397px
>scheduled phone interview for first job at 3:00 today
>No Call
>I call 15 minutes later
>Different manager on the phone
>Asks who the name of the manager who scheduled the interview with me
>I have no fucking idea. I thought all I had to do was say my name
>Interview gets rescheduled a week later, and i look like a moron

Why does exiting the neet life require such cruel trial and error?
>>
>>1830326
Faggot weeb. You're an autist.
>>
>>1830350
i just want an actual waveslave job so i can one day raise enough money to get an asian wife
>>
Its because you lack leverage. The reason nobody called you is because you are not that important to them

> gaining leverage will increase importance
>>
>>1830367
Im a broke neet with no skills other than a highschool diploma; begging for a minimum wage job. How the fuck do i get leverage with that?
>>
>>1830373

Aim lower, talk to people figure out places that are really in need of more workers.
>>
>>1830425
... is it possible to go any lower than McDonalds? I have tried applying to small stores, but they seem even less avalible for workers.
>>
>>1830431

It's up to you to figure it out. Here's a low hanging fruit

>subtly eavesdrop on wageslaves
>figure out where they work
>pick out those that complain about work (long hours, underpaid, late paychecks, etc)
>bonus points: revolving door workforce (people keep quitting on them due to shit conditions)
>go there and ask for a job

viola
get out of your comfort zone
>>
>>1830442
Why do you have so much experience in this?

I guess it makes sense. But my family has been telling me to never apply for a shitty job. I almost got involved in a pyramid scheme.
>>
>>1830446
>my family has been telling me to never apply for a shitty job

Tell your family to first try and not raise a NEET, and then they can advise someone on life decisions.

I almost got mad here, why the fuck do people incapable of producing quality think they have a right of advising or managing someone else?

You work -> you produce value (invest) -> you demand your ROI.

If you see employment as anything other than ^ that kind of cooperation you're doomed to fail.

I'm not advising putting horns on your forehead by doing a detrimental job forever.

But getting paid while gaining experience beats neither of those.
>>
Two (and a half) questions:

Do you live in the US or Canada?

Are you afraid of rejection, and if so, how badly?
>>
>>1830457
thanks man. Am gonna look into some of that tonight. But... Is hard finding these crappy jobs.
>>1830580
US. Not afraid of rejection. Very jaded to it pretty much.
>>
>>1830326
Take notes next time. Like come with a folder and when they talk write things down. Also have prewritten questions so that you dont look unprepared. Dont ask about wages unless they bring it up first. Dont ask retarded questions. Ask about why the position is open and what is expected of you. Ask about growth potential. Ask what the previous employee did that the manager liked and misses.
>>
File: jtKOCaa.jpg (168KB, 1276x850px) Image search: [Google]
jtKOCaa.jpg
168KB, 1276x850px
>>1830446

Hold out for the better job trust me on this, not only will a bad job take more of your time for less money but probably extra years off of your life, at least if your family if okay with you holding out to do so.

t. had too many shitty jobs (some good ones too though)
>>
>>1830751
Everything has been over a phone so far. But i like these tips.
>>1830756
Ive done 0 work in my life besides volunteer work. I have no idea what a good job even is
>>
>>1830583
Get in on a MLM/Network marketing/pyramid scheme and hustle hustle hustle.

I average anywhere from $40 to $120/hr depending on the week and what I'm actually doing with my time.
>>
>>1831359
piece of shit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.