[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Help on how to Swing Trade. So, I have 4 stocks in my portfolio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: 1484166814713.jpg (873KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484166814713.jpg
873KB, 1000x1000px
Need Help on how to Swing Trade.

So, I have 4 stocks in my portfolio that are supposed to yield at least a 50% return in a year. So I divide 1000 into the 4 ($250 for each) and this is what happens: on two of the stocks, I raise 5 dollars, and on the others, I lose 4 dollars from both. So I sold the losing the shares and put them in the two that raised five dollars this morning. 6 hours later, the two winning shares i put the money into went down 10 dollars from the extra money i put into from the other two shares.

So, my question is simply, what did I do wrong?

Am I supposed to sell off shares when they make me money, and put it into the shares that lost me some if i know they will go up, because that would be buying low and selling high as opposed to putting the losing shares in the winning shares money?

Noob here.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170302-200228.jpg (312KB, 1418x2066px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170302-200228.jpg
312KB, 1418x2066px
My portfolio.

I need some suggestions guys. I was planning on seeling some shares of BAC and GD to put into BAC as soon as markets open.

But i need bizs opinion for what they would do.
>>
>>1830802
By the time your order went through, it was already up 40% if you did that.
>>
>>1830802
Yeah.... I sort of lost $400 playing with bio memes.... (embarrassing)

Now I just want to earn it back through these companies that will have at least a 50% growth by december. I want to get good at swing trading and knowing stocks well enough for it not to be a gamble

But it still feels like technical analysis bullshit to me.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 318x159px
>>1830790
It really depends on whether or not you plan on holding the stock for a long period or not OP a/o selling at the price you want it to sell at because there will be dips along the way for sure

Is this from today?

Man If I had 2k to work with I would've just dumped it all in the SNAP meme early (not rly worth it otherwise) for some guaranteed bux on a day trade before close/the power hour dip that inevitably came.

Starting with a small account here just to start learning def not an expert (yet). But there's def some obvious/non-meme plays everywhere on today's market if you just look around, bio-tech stocks are hot , NOT DRYS, NOT JNUG, NOT AMRS (ASMR), too much of a roller coaster ride to even consider those pumpNdump memes. AMD MAY be good right now to "buy the dip" but that could go either way. Just do your research into anything you buy.
>>
>>1830807

well I mean I considered that as well with SNAP but it still went up an additional ~1.50 from 24 before ppl started getting scared/mass sell-offs still would've been an easy 100-200 dollar profit depending when you sold, not bad for one trade desu.

It all seems correct in hindsight though I know
>>
>>1830818
>It really depends on whether or not you plan on holding the stock for a long period or not OP a/o selling at the price you want it to sell at because there will be dips along the way for sure

So, i know these stocks will have a 50% return by december. But. I wanted to try to balance between stocks. Like invest most of my money in BA when i know its going to rise, while selling the shares of BAC and GF before it falls.

But it feels like im still gambling when trying to predict this. The reason why im selling 4 shares of BA and 1 of C is so i can buy BAC when its down 7$, so it can be like im buying the dip.

I want to create a system where i check my stock everyday. I put the stock that raised the most money, in the one that lost the most. But, the more i think about it, this plan kind of fails because it does not account for trends.
>>
>>1830840

with stocks, it ALWAYS a gamble, again do ur research, and cut losses early if it looks like it's not going back up, or just sit on it if ur rly in it for the long term but make sure the projections are good enough to just "set it and forget it"

hope this helps again I'm still learning too best of luck!
>>
File: raw.gif (525KB, 498x268px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
525KB, 498x268px
>>1830856
B-But I dont wanna cut losses early!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.