[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would /biz/ agree that a completely unregulated market would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: TourBoursenov.jpg (16KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
TourBoursenov.jpg
16KB, 250x333px
Would /biz/ agree that a completely unregulated market would end up with the consolidation of all competition into one corporate entity, and that monopolies are natural to free markets, as one corporation have more market capitalisation and begins a process of acquisition, and also mergers with equally powerful corporations in order to exercise more control over the price than the consumer

pic somewhat unrelated
>>
no

you have been brainwashed by marxist idiots

believe it or not, you don't have to sell you business no matter how much money they offer you
>>
>>1826890
right because people arent murdered or otherwise coerced over small sums of money every day in the 3rd and even 1st world
>>
>>1826890
also addendum i'm an econ 101 plebeian that has taken some courses on environmental economics and macro and 3 of my profs who certainly did not identify as marxists or redistributionists, agreed that from the supplier's perspective a monopoly is the most efficient market outcome
>>
>>1826918
We already have pseudo-monopolies
>>
File: roosevelt+trust+buster[1].jpg (320KB, 1021x953px) Image search: [Google]
roosevelt+trust+buster[1].jpg
320KB, 1021x953px
>>1826880
no
not while nations/governments exist anyways

maybe in space colonies/ships in the future, or in kingdoms and duchys of the past
>>
>>1826880
All into one massive conglomerate? No, probably not but there would definitely be mass market consolidation; we've already seen it in the 80s to now under the cancerous neoliberal system.
>>
>>1826952
"Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot, but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose."

Cant ruse the roosevelt
>>1826961
well my theoretical involved a scenario with no states
>>
>>1826981
Even with no state, it's very unlikely everything would consolidate into one company. You'd most likely see a handful of conglomerates each having catagorical monopoly control over a variety of different markets from eachother.
>>
>>1826916

that would be illegal

not free market
>>
>>1826918

sorry if marxist is unfashionable now, Keynsian is the economic term for the same thing
>>
>>1827003
>keynsian
>marxist

economic illiterates raus
>>
>>1826880
Hi Opee,

Which Montreal/Quebec stocks do you recommend?
>>
>>1826880
monopolies only occur when government is involved.
>>
>>1826880
Only when massive barriers to entry exist
>>
>>1827100
I don't, Ontario's economy is far more dynamic and experiencing more growth.

>>1827103
Well anarchy has never been tried so you can't prove that regulation is the cause of monopolies.

>>1827179
but that is the case in many industries
>>
>>1827512
Just asking because of pic :)

Since your from Ontario, I'm going to assume you're from the GTA; how do you feel is the house/condo market? Is it a big bubble that's going to burst soon?
>>
>>1827649
I'm from Montreal, but I will leave after I get my degree (the cheapest in Canada). The quebec economy never truly recovered from the referendum shocks. The area this tower is in is part of a recent redevelopment in Montreal to bring back corportations, but 400 head offices left over a 10 year period. The vast majority have stayed in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and other places, never to return.

My mcgill degree and bilingual language skills will get me a good job in toronto i think. Toronto is definitely in a bubble right now, although its nowhere near as bad as vancouver. When I move im thinking of renting far out of the city next to a rapid transit stop, its only way to find rent prices comparable to montreal.
>>
>>1827103
Nonsense. Monopolies are naturally occuring becuse it's always more profitable to operate as an oligolopy or monopoly than in a competitive environment.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.