[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>boy, the compsci market is saturated. It's saturated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: Rodney-Dangerfield.jpg (31KB, 330x472px) Image search: [Google]
Rodney-Dangerfield.jpg
31KB, 330x472px
>boy, the compsci market is saturated. It's saturated I tell ya
>/biz/: HOW SATURATED IS IT?
What comes next?
>>
File: Ixs5DQt.png (163KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ixs5DQt.png
163KB, 400x300px
>>1825648
POO level saturated

I dont want you to feel bad about yourself, but if you're studying comp sci in the west and are planning to work for someone else - you're in for a big surprise. 80% of the work is CRUDs, that Indians and Filipinos are happy to do for $500/month. Comonly employed by banks, oracles and other it shops. Can you compete with that? If not, your only choice are real software companies - Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Uber, etc.. but the competition is FIERCE. And even if you do get in, you have to keep running faster and faster, an average SDE lasts in Amazon only 2 years.

Moral of the story - if you're studying Comp Sci, you better be working for yourself, and employing the 3rd world, not competing with millions of Pajeets and homegrown Tommies, Chans, Ranjeets and Sergeis.
>>
>>1825648

I thought those nerds were suppose to automate the world by now. The amount of times I've heard "psshh I could automate X job if I wanted" is astounding. You shoulda seen the thread on /g/ yesterday, trying to trade stocks. Trying not to trade too much because those $7 commissions were too hard their margins.
>>
>>1825653
lamo

this is why I didn't go to school for it
>>
>>1825653

What about the networking side?
>>
File: 1487352064516.jpg (61KB, 660x880px) Image search: [Google]
1487352064516.jpg
61KB, 660x880px
>>1825672
IT admin stuff? $20/h and wouldnt exist soon enough because less

If you mean networking - as in supporting the internet backbones and gateways @ telecoms, yeah there is still money in that. Very very competitive.

Developing Cisco routers themselves pays well, but they've exhausted themselves, there is nowhere else to push hardware routers.

Again, if you're in comp sci - don't look for employment (or not for long, just enough to make some starting capital). Work for yourself, build products and sell them. E.g. one of the best (least lag, small memory footprint, no conflicts) screen recording software is built by just a few guys. AmzTracker and Splitly for amazon sellers are built by one guy, but it rakes 10k/month in subscription fees. Thats the kind of goldmine you need to create for yourself instead of warming up chairs at soon to be outsourced IT departments at Big Corp Failures.
>>
File: 2799672-3175501430-r2kgt.jpg (14KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
2799672-3175501430-r2kgt.jpg
14KB, 639x360px
i went to a compsci job fair, they threw peanuts at me!
>>
>>1825648
>What comes next?
Nothing that the deskilled compsci graduates of today could do anyway. Go program hentai flash games from your Mom's basement.
>>
>>1825648
Yeah, so saturated they're still importing Pajeets and russians.

You must have work experience prior to graduating or it will be very difficult to land a job, but once you get experience, lots of opportunities. Chicken and egg scenario - get internships, work for free.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.