[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is accounting the bitch of all business degrees? It seems like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bigguy.jpg (72KB, 760x752px) Image search: [Google]
bigguy.jpg
72KB, 760x752px
Is accounting the bitch of all business degrees?
It seems like a mix between law and finance. From my experience, everyone successful (from business school) has done one of two things: Either go for a 100 % biz degree (meaning finance or econ) or go to an ivy-league school and study some ridiculous nonsense.major like marketing or management and to go work for McKinsey. You never hear about brilliant successful business leaders who majored in accounting, you just don't.
>>
>>1825316
Accounting teaches you how to follow the rules, while finance teaches you how to make money. That said, there are a lot of very complicated rules to be followed and you can do well financially with an accounting degree. As a partner at a decent sized CPA firm or a controller at a big company, you could make $250k+.
>>
>>1825328
>controller at a big company
>250k

Unless you mean CFO when you say controller, I think you're full o' bull
>>
CPA here. Accounting is for people who want a hefty paycheck doing next to nothing but punching a keyboard all day. No mental or physical stress, although some shitty accountants thinks it's a hard job because they suck at math and life in general.
>>
>>1825360
Are you from the UK?
>>
>>1825316
if you're a great accountant, you'd probably make a good stock trader. Being an accountant seems kinda badass. Just watch 'The Accountant' starring Ben Affleck for reference.
>>
>>1826304
kek
>>
>>1826304
listening to TCR made me feel more comfortable and familiar around stocks and bonds in Intermediate accounting
>>
>>1826304
Nice bait lmao

>>1825316
Accounting is pretty good if you wanna make decent money while not working bitch hours
>>
>>1825347
No, I mean controller. The CFO at a large company can be making millions.
>>
Accounting is the most "complete" biz degree but also the one with least prestige...
m8 McKinsey himself was an accountant.. he exceled because he applied in management what accounting tought him and created managerail accounting...
Accounting is only good if you think outside of the box and leverage it to finance positions such as FP&A, research, business development or even consulting and striving for high positions within big corps or being an entrepreneur...
The reality is most acc grads won't have the opportunity to gtet into these roles so they resort to going the same way as everybody else...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.