[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is money really that important? Is it wrong to be content with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 76757537547.jpg (44KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
76757537547.jpg
44KB, 400x266px
Is money really that important?

Is it wrong to be content with 'just enough to get by'?
>>
>>1824389
No, what's wrong is the amount of 'just enough to get by' that people felt entitled to.
>>
>>1824389

People on /pol/ think traditional family in a racially homogenous nation is the most important thing.

People on /fit/ think being tall and muscular is the most important thing.

People on /biz/ think being wealthy is the most important thing.

In reality there are much more important things than amassing wealth. I would rather have 20k per year passive income and freedom than 150k slaving away 5 days a week for a boss.
>>
>>1824389

>>1824414
>I would rather have 20k per year passive income

See? This is called entitlement. Lazy sack of shits usually think they deserve things that needs very hard work to achieve.
>>
>>1824422
Or you work hard and get enough money to generate 20k / year in investment returns? What about that is lazy?
>>
>>1824422
I already have this you plum, it didn't take 'very hard work' it took a moderate amount of work in the correct way.
>>
The problem with getting by is that the amount you need is affected by external forces like govt policies and inflation. So you could be getting by one year and not the next.

That's why you need more that the bare minimum as a hedge
>>
>>1824422
Lazy? Nigga, I -earned- through my hard work, life choices, and frugality that money, and if what I want to do with it is instead of working from now until I'm 65(may still do that, but by choice and something I enjoy or get satisfaction from), is to save a stack of cash, invest it prudently and/or use it to fund a future income stream(real estate, business, product), then I've done my duty. I earned my keep, by paying for my way through life with my decisions.
>>
>>1824422
Or: moderately hard working, tax paying, unemployed but not leeching individual wants to work smarter instead of harder for once.
>>
>>1824389
It's pretty important, regardless of what your definition of get by is you will need some amount of money to do that.
>>
>>1824389
Just enough ro get by never comes for me.

With better soending habbits and a surplus of cash i can cover unexoected expenses for me and my family.

If i was alone i could be a monk.

But on occasion i like to tear up my 4x4 and have shots at a bar
>>
>>1824422
Just having a safety net like that is just comforting. I don't care about riches, but I want to be comfortable and do what I enjoy. If that makes me hella cash, so be it.
>>
>>1824389

>"just enough to get by"

- Does not allow for unexpected events
- Does not allow for lifestyle changes
- Does not allow for change of definition of "just enough to get by"
>>
>>1824389
I have two parents getting older and sicker every year. I have a wife and kids that rely on me.

In short, no.
>>
>>1824389
'Just enough to get by' is the answer, but you need to find a way to get it in a comfy way therefore making lots of cash to effort this life afterwards is the easiest way
>>
>>1824414
>People on /pol/ think traditional family in a racially homogenous nation is the most important thing.
>People on /fit/ think being tall and muscular is the most important thing.
>People on /biz/ think being wealthy is the most important thing.
all of these are strawmen, good try brainlet.
>>
>>1825083
>I have a wife and kids that rely on me.

That was entirely your choice, cuck
>>
>>1824389
>Is it wrong to be content with 'just enough to get by'?

If you are, then good for you. That's a miracle.

I don't understand how you can be content and not stress about having JUST enough to live, and not being able to afford any luxuries or to travel and have fun.
>>
>>1824414
You're retarded. How the fuck do you think you can get 20k a year in passive income without any capital?
>>
>>1824389
Nah. Mostly poor people get very upset they don't have money and think money is the key to happiness. Half the time it comes true. It's a self fulfilling prophecy .
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.