[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my job is starting to drive me a little nuts. I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_40191.jpg (861KB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_40191.jpg
861KB, 2250x3000px
So my job is starting to drive me a little nuts. I've been with the company for about 9 months, but only in my current position for three. On the upside, I get to run my own office with minimal oversight. On the downside, i work a lot of hours and most of my pay is off commission. My boss keeps telling me business is going to pick up, but it's been slow even though my clients have all been very happy with my services.

Most days I do fuck all, just sit there browsing my phone and there's no one to monitor me. I actually wish I was busier because the job is enjoyable when I actually have a steady client stream.

The worst thing is that it's nearly impossible to get time off from my boss. I work 9-5 M-F and 9-1 on Sat.

I want to start looking for a new job, but it's almost impossible to do in-person interviews unless they come to see me. I feel a little presumptuous telling a potential employer that I can do a phone interview, but if you want to meet in person I have to do it Saturday after 1 or on Sunday, or you have to come to my personal office.

I have to say I've learned a great deal of business skills at my current job. I like my boss personally, but dislike the way he approaches the company and its employees. It's a small company.

The job is also a dead end unless I start getting a crazy client stream and can pull down $2k a week. But it's nearly impossible for me to go to job interviews.

Fuck, I could be a business analyst or consultant at this level. I talk with these kinds of people every day. I talk with executives every day. I don't have any specific software or technical skills, but I do have a wide understanding of business practices and terminology that not everyone has.

What do /biz/?
>>
File: 1487927177360s.jpg (5KB, 246x250px) Image search: [Google]
1487927177360s.jpg
5KB, 246x250px
>>1823548
sick day faggot, it's that easy
>>
>>1823548
comfy job
>>
>>1823871
My boss would put me through the wringer if I asked for a sick day.

>>1824405
It is comfy, just a little boring and I don't make as much as I think I could. Might start freelancing or something on my down time
>>
Look for new clients instead of browsing 4chan at work
>>
I've been in the same position as you, you just have to get creative. I don't know what your lunch/meetings are like, but say you're going to go meet with a client for lunch, or for a sales call, or for whatever and set an interview like that.

Also, most employers will understand if you have to do a Saturday/Sunday interview if you are at a current job--they realize nobody wants to burn bridges trying to find a new job. They'll work with you if they want you, if not, they are just looking for bodies, not you, and its not worth it anyway.

As far as the interview -- don't knock your current job! Say its a great job but that there isn't the growth potential there that you see in [interviewer's business]. They'll eat that shit right up.
>>
>>1823548
If you're already burned out after a few months, I'd probably quit and find something else. If $2k a week is your ceiling, that's not really worth sticking around for.
>>
Wile at work take some online classes for certificates and shit you can put on your resume and apply for jobs. Listen to useful audiobooks etc.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.