[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gainfully employed and it seems like someone my age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1442366740996.jpg (129KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442366740996.jpg
129KB, 960x720px
I'm gainfully employed and it seems like someone my age should be thinking seriously about buying a house and starting a family, but realistically the next big step for me will be getting my own place without roommates. Am I the only one in this position or is it common amongst millennials?
>>
>>1822420
Yes it's the norm among milennials.It's not the 50s anymore you have no obligation to do any of that stuff.
>>
Houses are designed for families. Buying one while single is a terrible financial decision unless you plan on renting it out.

Stick to a 1-2 bedroom apartment, or find a 1-2 bedroom condo/townhouse for sale. The costs will drop dramatically. No yards to clean up. Something goes wrong with electrical or plumbing and it's covered under HOA, etc. Just make sure you aren't paying jewish HOA rates for some stay at home mother to tell you that you can't hang a Dallas Cowboy's curtain up in your front window because it looks trashy.
>>
>>1822428
>>1822443

Yeah, but the thing is that buying a house or starting a family isn't even an option, or at least not a financially sensible option. It seems like I'm way behind even though I have done everything right. Or maybe this is just how it is for this generation.
>>
It's not the 50s anymore but if you ever get a wife she would also work. Dual income is pretty comfy unless you marry a gold digging whore who won't earn her keep. Also she might not like it if you quit your wagecuck to sell shit on ebay and trade crypto full time so don't tell her if you're "working" in the library atm
>>
>>1822454
People just have different priorities these days.

People 50 years ago could afford these things because they weren't buying $1,200 laptops every year, spending money on cell phones, internet, high end designer fashion and cars, etc. They didn't have "gluten free" and "fat free" 50% mark up fads on food, or an abundance of technology to consume.

Now a days, consumerism controls everything. People are spending $100 a month on stupid subscription services than saving it or putting it towards a housing payment.
>>
Depending on where you are, a small 3/2 SFH could be way more cost effective than either renting or an equivalent condo / townhome.

The HOAs are really the killer. They way overcharge with many things, restrict your actions and are legally able to enact what are called "special assessments", fees for work that are due upon receipt.

But, if I were a younger man, I'd buy a fourplex, rent out all the places except for the one you're in, and you'd be living for free.

Don't be afraid of property, it's how most people become wealthy.
>>
>>1822469
I think you might find that house prices have also gone up faster than wages....
>>
>>1822469
>People 50 years ago could afford these things because they weren't buying $1,200 laptops every year

>Being this dumb
>>
File: 1483303298821.jpg (405KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483303298821.jpg
405KB, 1000x1000px
>>1822420
don't buy a house until after the crash.
>>
>>1823142
They have, but that's the demands of a massive rising population coming into play and people wanting to live in desirable places. There just isn't enough room. Look at any of the boom cities in Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo etc..

Not saying op is correct but a lot more people could afford property if they did without the continual stupid shit they spend their money on.
>>
>>1822469
The average 4chan user, might not be the brightest person in the world, but they aren't as dumb as you just described.
>>
>>1823929
>they aren't as dumb as you just described.
Actually, they kind of are.
Plus, they don't know where to put commas.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.