[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is programming the easiest way to become self-made while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled333.png (568KB, 634x437px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled333.png
568KB, 634x437px
Is programming the easiest way to become self-made while you are still young?
>>
right now probally yeah

you only have to git gud then you're set
>>
>>1822284
>>1822267
Still?
Isn't this shit cornered?
>>
>>1822289
there are a lot of pajeets but they dont excel at it

you need to get above average skill wise, which with enough dedication shouldnt that hard
>>
>>1822316
Skill isn't enough. You can't be lazy, either. You need the drive required to always be looking for the next best thing.

That doesn't necessarily mean the next best technology, or the next best programming language. That means the next best thing for you. A pay raise. A job in a more affluent city. Getting in good with your boss.

In the industry, it's all about who you know, and how far they're willing to go on your behalf. If you're a fairly talented programmer, but your boss at your previous job is willing to talk you up to the moon and back, that could easily secure you a better position.

Better position means being around smarter people. That means learning more. That means networking. Eventually, that can all add up to you being your own boss. Might not lead to precisely that, but you'll definitely be wherever you want to be. Just gotta be willing to put those hours in
>>
>>1822267

whatever you do today, your chance of being millionaire from zero is one in million.
>>
>>1822267
powerball. you have as much chance.
>>
>>1822340
Thats bullshit. If you are clever enough the chance is at almost 100% to get rich.
>>
>>1822267
Paneer here. 3D printing is what you're looking for brah
>>
>>1822328
is it even possible to become succesful without being social?
>>
Should learning the minimum and contributing to basic shit on GitHub will get you a menial job at a high turnover company. It's basically how I started.

>started programming in 2010
>mostly Minecraft mods
>got into Git Hub
>learned other languages such as Python and C#
>started uploading personal projects
>networked with others
>contributed small shit to projects
>made a LinkedIn
>linked my GitHub
>joined groups and started posting
>got a job making $35K ~hours from where I live
>found a room for rent on Craigslist
>was boring menial shit like fixing compile errors, making the programmer's autistic jumble of x's and 1's more readable by renaming everything, etc.
>started going to community college
>one of my decent benefits was $1,000/semester towards college tuition for for employees who are full time students
>>
>>1822434
post github account
>>
>>1822427
No
Same thing
>>
>>1822434
Thank you for the advice
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.