[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIL _Y9g7Tg0 Opinions on un

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1486680609356.jpg (5KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486680609356.jpg
5KB, 182x249px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIL_Y9g7Tg0

Opinions on universal income?
>>
>>1819250
Hipster pipe-dream
>>
>>1819278
full employment is a worse pipe dream, taking into account automatization.

also take into account the social cost of poverty (crime, healthcare, depression, etc).
>>
>>1819280
Welfare already exist, if you want anything more than welfare then get a job. If you think you deserve anything else you should be shot.
>>
>wanting to increase taxes
Isn't it enough that I'm forced to pay for gay pride parades and import unemployable refugees? Do I really need to support some NEET getting marijuana and VR girlfriend games on steam? Get a fucking job.
>>
>>1819811
This, and any welfare or charity you end up is 100% at the mercy of the good graces of people better than you.

If you don't think they are better than you, do something to take care of yourself and prove it.
>>
>>1819250
Sounds good on paper, but in reality it's fucking retarded and doesn't work

Also you shouldn't get money for doing nothing

People seem to think working to stay alive is slavery but they forget that the alternative is living off the land, which requires more work, and less food
>>
>>1820584
>doesn't work

Citation?

>Also you shouldn't get money for doing nothing

Because you seem to have a bias.
>>
>>1821534
>Citation?
See welfare
>>
>>1819250
What's always funny to me is that leftist/liberal types always talk about "social costs" and disregard neoclassical economics for that reason; but, yet, they don't realize the social costs involved in providing UBI to unproductive, low IQ types, etc.

If Modern Monetary Theory is real, sure this could work. But, otherwise, it's a forcible redistribution of wealth. Then again, it would keep aggregate demand up... I guess.
>>
>>1821543

Welfare punishes just as much as it helps, and without it the genuinely needy would be living in shanty towns around every city across the western world.

I'm on welfare for various health conditions, and it's a fucking nightmare sometimes. Sure, I have food and a roof. I also can't sneeze without having my lifeline taken away. If my health shows any sign of improvement, even for only a few months, I'm not allowed to seek to better myself or seek part time employment and learn skills, or else I end up on the street. My health leaves me bedridden/housebound for months at a time, but occasionally lets me function with extreme discomfort for a few days or weeks occasionally.

The entire point of the basic income is that I would be able to live, and still contribute to society as much as I am capable in those short periods, and actively want to and am prevented from. I'm a pretty decent photographer, and enjoy volunteering to help those in need, neither of which I can do anything with on my current welfare.
>>
>>1819250
I watched the video and don't understand at all. He's talking about giving people in poverty free money, right? How is that any different from what people get at the moment? Benefits and shit like that. Serious question what's the fucking difference?
>>
>>1821692
He's just a hipster. I doubt if even he himself understands what he is saying
>>
>>1821703
He said Friedman and Hayek thought it was a good idea though. I feel like I'm missing the point.
>>
>>1821641
Get well my man, God Bless
>>
>>1821791

Thanks bro, God bless you too. I'm taking steps in case I don't, so it's all good.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.