[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are vanguard Index funds really the "safe" way to go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: saftey.jpg (41KB, 736x532px) Image search: [Google]
saftey.jpg
41KB, 736x532px
Are vanguard Index funds really the "safe" way to go? even now?
It just seems like the market and almost all indexes are higher than theyve ever been, much higher than 2008 levels...
But I want to sink like 5k into some slow and steady gainers and dividend stocks to add some stability to my current portfolio(3k in /biz/ meme stocks mainly GLD, ORC, AOBC, CEFL and OHI )
>>
What I lean toward is putting it in bonds that beat inflation until a market correction, then buying in low once it bottoms out. That's considered to be trying to predict the market by a lot of people though.
>>
The best time to invest is yesterday. Today is close enough. The market will crash in the future, but from what point will it crash, and what point will it rebound?

Don't know the answer? Nobody else is good at forecasting those either, so invest away.
>>
>>1818961
What is the best way to short the S&P?
SDS is what I was gunna go with because 3x leverage is kinda risky, and no leverage will be to low of profits
>>
>>1818962
Why do you expect it to go down? What's the catalyst.

If you don't know, you shouldn't be messing around with shorting, because on top of the upside risk, there's also time costs for attempting to short.
>>
>>1818953
>It just seems like the market and almost all indexes are higher than theyve ever been, much higher than 2008 levels...

Because the market grows over time? like wtf
>>
>>1818988
Also this. 2/3 of the time, the market is within 10% of an all time high.

Read The Investor's Manifesto: Preparing for Prosperity, Armageddon, and Everything in Between. It's a good starting book, written by a guy named Bernstein, so you know it's good.
>>
>>1818976
Stocks are reaching all time highs, and the fundamentals don't really justify it. Plus it's been almost a decade since the crash. And the Fed will probably raise rates in the next year or two.

On the other hand, the recovery was sluggish, so maybe there's still room to grow. It might take more than a decade to fully recover.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-25_15-23-45.png (179KB, 805x881px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-25_15-23-45.png
179KB, 805x881px
>>1818962
>SDS is what I was gunna go with because 3x leverage is kinda risky, and no leverage will be to low of profits

LMFAO
>>
>>1818961
>Nobody else is good at forecasting those either, so invest away.
>>1818961

This guy knows.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-25_15-23-54.png (156KB, 813x828px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-25_15-23-54.png
156KB, 813x828px
>>1818962
>SDS is what I was gunna go with because 3x leverage is kinda risky, and no leverage will be to low of profits
>>
>>1819033
Thanks for digging that up, I knew I'd seen that material before but posting it is great here.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.