[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you won the lottery or came into a considerable anmount of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

If you won the lottery or came into a considerable anmount of money, is there any point in trying to invest to it yourself or a should you just give the bulk of it to a financial advisor/wealth management firm to invest for you?
>>
>>1818825
Depends how much you win.
>>
>>1818883
$15million
>>
>>1818825
I play around with a small percentage (about 3%), but I let a firm handle the bulk of it.
It's not like I think they're that great, as they tend to play it somewhat conservative, but I need that as a counterweight to the more risky strategies I pursue.
>>
>>1818825
Unless you do some research and find an advisor who you personally think has above-average vision, indexed funds will outperform them for no management fees.
>>
>Wealth management firm

You mean people who fleece rich people for a living? Fuck no. I'd go have it put into Trusts by lawyers specializing in that sort of thing, the partners not the junior assholes. Then I'd stick the majority of it in various indexes, real estate portfolios, and a few other positions that I was playing around with.
>>
I'd do it myself unless we're talking about nine figures.
>>
>>1818825
I'm going to do it myself, but I might become a CFP so I don't count, but if you want somebody to hold your hand, seek out DFA funds, and an advisor with access to them. That, imo, is the only thing an advisor could have access to that's worth it, and his having access to DFA, means they already shittested him so he knows he can't beat the market either.
>>
There's no reason you can't handle the investment. Even someone who knows nothing could get a idea of what to do with an afternoon of research (this is where most lottery winners go wrong).

I think what would be tougher is minimizing your taxes, and handling them in general.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.