[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>50 years ago >only needed a firm handshake to get the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (27KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 450x320px
>50 years ago
>only needed a firm handshake to get the job

>today
>have to sit an online math test, verbal reasoning test, pattern recognition test, psych test, on-site test, group exercise test, first round interview, second round interview and third round interview and even then there is still no guarantee you will get the job

What happened /biz/?
>>
>>1818152
>50 years ago
>only needed to be white male with service history to get the job

Fixed that for you.
>>
Affirmative action and mass immigration.
Why pay an American when you can pay an H1B Visa 75 cents on the dollar?
>>
all of that was invented to give the HR department a reason to exist.
>>
>>1819598
HR is some shit right out of 1984.

Those motherfuckers have more power in society that cops now. Literally deciding who gets a job and who starves to death.
>>
>>1819669

+

Additionally, HR do fucking nothing for those who are in the company. It's an excuse for management to farm out awkward questions with 0 responsibility.
>>
>>1819598
>HR department
im not american what is this
>>
>>1818152
Seems like you need to sue those employers for discriminatory hiring practices.
>>
>>1819669
If I complain to them about a minority manager who is bad and I'm a minority myself, will action happen?
>>
>>1820674
human resources
>>
>>1818232
I want to go back tbqh
>>
>>1819586
Automation is a much bigger factor than either of these.
>>
>>1821076

Spotted the Bernietard.

Automation is not the problem at all
>>
>>1821099
Explain why automation isn't a problem, in regards to job availability (note that this doesn't mean productivity)
>>
>>1820674
People in charge of a businesses "human resources" (the employees. They are supposed to make the operation as well-run and efficient as possible.

In reality though, all they do is make everything more difficult and jack off to employee's suffering.
>>
>>1821102

No significant number of non minimum wage jobs have or will be replaced by automation within the next decade.

H1B are an objective problem, and there is evidence of many major tech companies paying them significantly less than American workers in the same job

Mass immigration, especially illegal immigration, drives down the value of entry level jobs, and many businesses ouyright break the law by paying them less than minimum wage.
>>
>>1821112

I am giving you a citation on the H1B thing.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/02/silicon-valley-h1b-visas-hurt-tech-workers

Kinda sad. I was under the impression that H1B was meant to suck up innovative talent. People to push changes, not just getting cheaper worker bees.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.