[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've made 4% since January on my index funds How has the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: trump jones.png (26KB, 642x474px) Image search: [Google]
trump jones.png
26KB, 642x474px
I've made 4% since January on my index funds

How has the Dow Jones record streak helped you?
>>
>>1817985
$20K on Apple
>>
>>1817985
I bought VTI on Feb 1st and it's up 3.9%
>>
>>1817985
Since this is my thread
I invested 6 figures, have gotten back 4% on average
Purely vanguard index funds, spread pretty evenly, my only adjustments being how much I add each week to each fund (9 funds total, small, 2 mid, 6 large)
>>
>>1817985
I just invested around $500 in the stock market. A couple large stocks like Apple and a few smaller stocks from Pharma's. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. It seems like you have to invest a lot of money and buy a bunch of stocks from a company to see any return HELEP
>>
OP, it's nice that you're happy with your investment decisions, but threads like this are really stupid. Your following a long-term investment strategy (index funds) and one that will outperform 95% of all other investors over many years. Congrats.

But looking at your index returns after 7 weeks, or even 7 months, is just stupid. Who cares? What matters is how they perform over 7 years, 17 years, or 27 years. That's supposed to be why you chose this strategy in the first place.

Look, I get it: it's nice to see some relatively rapid increases in what is normally a slow strategy. I too am thrilled with the recent performance of my index funds. But its no more cause for celebration than it would cause for crying if the results were reversed. It's all just short-term ripples at this point.

Lastly, threads like this are an invitation for the roleplayers to come in with stories about how they've made 100%, 400%, 9000% with their day trades, forex, TA, bitcoins, and dank memes. All that does is shit up the board and confuse the noobies,

At the risk of being called a killjoy, I guess what I'm saying is act like a adult. You're following an adult investment strategy, and its doing exactly what its supposed to be doing. Check it once a month, and focus your energies on your job and your life.
>>
>>1818151
>$500

Then invest it all in one index fund, like VIG, VTV, or preferably SPY/VOO. You're wasting your time trying to invest such a paltry sum, and should be focusing on making more money and saving more money.
>>
File: 1396967348100.jpg (71KB, 579x960px) Image search: [Google]
1396967348100.jpg
71KB, 579x960px
>>1818161
This
>>
>>1818166
ok. next question: what is an index fund as opposed to a single stock?
>>
>>1818169
Google.
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

Reading list:
The Four Pillars of Investing: Lessons for Building a Winning Portfolio - William Bernstein
Stocks for the Long Run - Jeremy Siegel
>>
>>1818161

>he doesn't have a small portion of investable funds in crypto

Missing out famo
>>
>>1818179
Yeah, and I don't play the lottery either. I just don't enjoy blowing my money on pure random chance. But good luck with your get-rich-quick-meme. I'm sure it'll work out for you. /s
>>
>>1818179
Thx for making me remember to filter out 'crypto' posts and threads
>>
>>1817985
dow booms is the sure sign of an asset bust.
i wonder how poor people are getting fucked today.
>>
>>1818161
An actual well-thought out, informative post on 4chan? Well that's unusual.

>>1818169
In very simple terms, index fund buys lots of stocks of established companies.

>>1818202
The same as on any other day.
>>
>>1817985
Did you straight up make an account on vanguard or did you use another brokerage?

Are you able to withdraw your money whenever you'd like from the fund or are you going to be taxed like fuck unless you hit a certain period money deposited.

Noob here.
>>
File: Stock-Market-Since-1900.png (90KB, 1180x685px) Image search: [Google]
Stock-Market-Since-1900.png
90KB, 1180x685px
>>1818161
>What matters is how they perform over 7 years, 17 years, or 27 years
Yup
>>
>>1818450
>high/lows getting wilder and wilder

shouldnt that be worrying? does that not show that manipulation is getting worse?
>>
>>1818730
look up what a logscale is
also use an inflation-adjusted graph
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.