[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Twitter's stock so shit? It hasn't made a lasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMBROKE.gif (1MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMBROKE.gif
1MB, 500x376px
Why is Twitter's stock so shit?

It hasn't made a lasting gain since it's beginning.
>>
>>1815605
Because the company doesn't consistently turn a profit out of any of it's shitty departments including advertising (it's bread and butter). It's a cool concept but it's ran by an unbelievably fucking daft CEO who hasn't put together any real plan to turn the company into one which makes money quarter over quarter. It'll probably get bought by FB in a few years if it lives that long.
>>
>>1815619

How? So many fuckers are on it and most people who use twitter are probably too dumb for adblock.
>>
WHO CARES!!! THERES THOUSANDS OF OTHER STOCKS. GTFO AND BTFO!!!
>>
>>1815605
They don't have a real business model.
>>
>>1815605
I am pretty sketpical at this point in time, like you. But there is some interesting reasons for keeping Twitter. President Trump alone makes for an interesting case for twitter never dying and there are a lot of uses for twitter now as an information network. The issue is that is all there is right now. My guess is some unknown technology not discovered yet, will revolutionize Twitter, but it could be tomorrow, or a decade from now.

If you need gains now I would exit with your losses, but if you have time I would hold onto it.
>>
>>1815652

Oh, I don't own stock in it. Most of my investments are low risk, and I don't like twitter enough to support them so I wouldn't give them my money.

It's just...everything and its sister says 'follow us on twitter', so you'd think that they'd be raking in the cash from this somehow.
>>
its a hard platform to monetize.

how do you incorporate ads without pissing everyone off / introducing competitors who dont feature ads?

cultural value does not translate well here.
>>
File: IMG_8451.png (267KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8451.png
267KB, 750x1334px
>>1815605
Because of the cancer shit he posts like this
>>
>>1815622
>https://business.twitter.com/en/help/troubleshooting/how-twitter-ads-work.html

Read up here and see if you can't find the issue. It's there, I promise.

>>1815652
>there are a lot of uses for twitter now as an information network
Which adds how much value to their bottom line? Usefulness alone doesn't equate to positive cash flow.
>>
>>1815671

Prob best answer here
>>
>>1815605
because they have yet to turn a profit
>>
Its starting to wear out its welcome. There's some much toxicity on it and the unending political shit flinging seems to finally be exhausting everyone who isn't an extremist True Believer.

If you're an advertiser do you want your product's copy sandwiched between the inane ramblings of a NEET /pol/ neo Nazi and some victim-complex rich girl from the suburbs who pretends to be a rape victim? Probably not.

Its real use is as the new, 21st century, AP news ticker. All your sports, culture, finance etc. news self curated and delivered instantly. I'm a big Chicago White Sox fan and avid follower of the baseball hot stove, and for those things Twitter is seriously extraordinary for bringing instant information. It reminds me of the potential the platform has when its not so trashy and opinionated.

So yea, I wouldn't invest until its userbase grows up.
>>
>>1815605
They care more about censoring posts they don't like than making money.
>>
>>1815605

It's different from other tech companies. Other meme tech companies are either already making massive profits (Facebook, etc.) or have the capacity to translate their shit immediately into profits. Twitter is actively trying to turn a profit and is failing by a long shot.

The fundamental issue is that while it's a nice tool for media, it's shit for advertisers, which is what really matters. Customer lifetime value for customers acquired from Twitter is roughly 25-30% lower than average.
Combine that with the fact that it gives basically no real, monetizable analytics on actual people and you end up with a clusterfuck of a meme company. They need some serious vision to turn it around, and what we have right now is a guy more concerned about censoring internet virgins.
>>
>>1815658
At one point in time, every advertisement had an "AOL keyword", too

>>1815605
I hope they continue to be shit... I bought $15 PUTS for Jan 2018 last year
>>
>>1815605
They don't have a P/E. They're operating at a loss. They don't have a very innovative product. They can't expand their user base.
>>
>>1815605
I'd love to hear one of their board of directors meetings. Like what the hell are they even doing at this point
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.