[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm fairly new in stocks, and have a small question. Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: asdf.png (159KB, 968x968px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
159KB, 968x968px
I'm fairly new in stocks, and have a small question.

Why would a penny stock be traded almost solely internally within banks?

I was watching a stock being traded back and forth and saw pic related. In total, 92% of all trades during the day were trades from bank(A), to bank(A).

Two banks even had NO net sales, and one of them had internal sales 3x the ammount of total "real" sales.

I tried looking around on the internet for answers, but i can't seem to find anything on it. I get that robot sales are a thing. I just dont understand the reason for this kind of robot sales.

Sorry for bad english and sorry for probably not using the correct terms.
>>
Because in most cases, when you buy a share, your brokerage is selling it to you. And vice versa.
>>
File: qwerr.png (10KB, 700x254px) Image search: [Google]
qwerr.png
10KB, 700x254px
Here is a graph of the value of the stock during the past month. Dont know if you need it to make sense of the situation, but thought i would add it.

The currency is NOK, which have a value of around 1/10 cents
>>
File: ggrgrg.png (244KB, 981x980px) Image search: [Google]
ggrgrg.png
244KB, 981x980px
>>1815281

Ok this kinda makes a lot of sense, but why would almost every other stock have trade lists that look like this
>>
>>1815293
Market Makers
>>
Welcome to the smoke and mirrors game.
>>
>>1815297

Thanks for your help!

I kinda still don't completely understand though.

Does this mean that the brokerage firms buy the stock for slightly less than 0.13 nok, and sell for slightly more?

I Read about it a little bit, and it seemed to me that this was a different way for the brokerage firms to make money other than the brokerage?
>>
>>1815297
>>1815321
Also: If the point is to create a smoother market, why would the companies buy their own stocks back from them selves?
>>
>>1815321
>>1815325

Ok i get now that market makers are more or less the same as stock brokers, just at a larger scale (?). My second question still stands though.

Why are they seemingly buying their own stock back?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.